PDA

View Full Version : Sporting Clays Model Question

Gerry Addison
08-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Other than the choke tubes is there any way you can tell the sporting clays model? Any special markings on the gun that distinguish it?

Eric Eis
08-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Gerry when I get home I'll take a look at mine but I don't remember any special markings.

Gerry Addison
08-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the help.

Greg Baehman
08-15-2011, 11:23 AM
In addition to the Win-Choke choke tubes and slightly flared muzzles the only distinguishing difference of the Sporting Clays Classic models from standard DHE models is that they will be stamped "ISC" (Internal Screw Choke) where the choke marking designation is customarily seen on the barrel flats.

Gerry Addison
08-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks, that is what I needed to know.

Greg Baehman
08-15-2011, 06:36 PM
One more thing Gerry...Every article that I've read and every specification that I've seen concerning the Parker Repro Sporting Clays Classic model states they are factory furnished with 3" chambers, yet every SCC model that I've examined (which is less than a handful) are roll-stamped on the left barrel "12-GAUGE 2 3/4", I've yet to see one marked 3". My SCC is roll-stamped 2 3/4", but the chambers do indeed measure 3" long, as do the others that I have measured. There is a forum member whose gun was stamped 2 3/4" and he measured his gun's chambers at 2 3/4"...which makes the Repros like the originals in saying---never say never when it comes to Parkers.:vconfused:

Gerry Addison
08-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks, the one I was looking at sold before I could make a decision on it. Was only there for a couple hours and I tried to call but didn't get an answer. Oh well, next time.