PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Brian Dudley
08-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi, A long time Parker admirer and a recently new Parker owner.
I currently own a GH Damascus and an 1892 fishtail hammer gun.

My specific firearms interests are old SxS shotguns. I own many others as well including Stevens, Crescent, L.C. Smith, Fox and Lefevers. And I also enjoy stockmaking and checkering.

,Brian

David Dwyer
08-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Welcome Brian
David

Larry Frey
08-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Wecome to our website Brian. Please post a few pics of your new/old Parker. I would also be interested in some pics of your stock work as well.

Brian Dudley
08-14-2011, 08:09 AM
Here are a few pictures of my GH. It is a 12g on a #2 frame. It needs some work. The receiver has been colored. And the Damascus barrels Blued, which needs to be corrected. At some time the buttstock was repaired, poorly, at the head and sanded way too much. This will end up being a complete restock once I get around to it. Good things however is that the barrels are in excellent condition and it is an original straight grip gun.

Brian Dudley
08-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Here is a couple pics of my 12g. Hammer Gun. On a No. 1 frame. 30" twist steel barrels.

Brian Dudley
08-14-2011, 08:22 AM
And here is a few pictures representing my stock work. The gun is a 20g. Lefever A grade Model 6 skeet. The wood stock and forend were made and checkered to duplicate the originals. The metal work (Color case and bluing) was done by Malcolm Clark in E. Haddan, CT.

Larry Frey
08-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Brian,
I'm not familiar with Lefever stocks and checkering but your work looks very good to me. Also I really like your hammer gun, it seems to be in great condition and the stock dimensions appear very shootable. Do you live in CT, if so there are a few of us that get together from time to time and break clays at an area club and you would be welcome to join us.

Brian Dudley
08-14-2011, 12:40 PM
No, I am in Rochester, NY. But my Brother lives in the Hartford area (Enfield) and I am up there from time to time. What club do you guys shoot at?
My hammer gun is in pretty diecent shape. Forend is mismatched, and the bores are pitted. Not sure if it is shootable or not. Don't really want to try.

I think the dims on that are 14.5" LOP with 3-1/4" drop at heel. A bit much drop for me. about 2.5" or so fits me pretty well.