PDA

View Full Version : Ticket package came in the mail- A-OK

Francis Morin
08-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Is there just one prize this year? The 12 DH 30" damascus is a sweetheart, but in past years, there have been second and third place prizes as well- didn't see any data on that on the tickets- just wondering, is all--:corn::cool:

Dean Romig
08-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Nope, just the annual Raffle Gun... never a second or third prize that I've ever been aware of.

Tom Carter
08-05-2011, 05:20 PM
We had second and third prizes only one year. Cheers, Tom

Francis Morin
08-05-2011, 05:25 PM
We had second and third prizes only one year. Cheers, Tom Wasn't that the year of the 16 gauges- a GH 16 Damascus Parker was first prize- seems to me maybe a set of barrel bore gauges second (not toooooooo shabby either)- anyway, only one lucky guy gets to claim this nice DH 12--Good luck to all ticket holders!:cool:

Dean Romig
08-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Well, I'll be....

Francis Morin
08-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Well, I'll be....-- but as the Aussies often say- "You have to be init-to win it- Mate"!! Bon Chance:corn::corn::rolleyes:

david ross
08-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Is there just one prize this year? The 12 DH 30" damascus is a sweetheart, but in past years, there have been second and third place prizes as well- didn't see any data on that on the tickets- just wondering, is all--:corn::cool:

Hi Francis.:rotf:
Do you know if i can pay on line for the 2011-Raffle tickets.
As i live in the UK i don't wish to send cash is this info. availavle on the
PGCA web sight as there is no web sight for Mr Edward J Morgan regards
on line payments.
Thanks Dave.:bigbye:

Jack Cronkhite
08-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Just got mine as well. Maybe John Dunkle (admin techie guru that he is) could wave a magic wand and set up on-line payment for the tickets as well as the much appreciated on-line membership payments. So much easier for us international types.

Hope you read this thread John :bigbye:

Cheers,
Jack

Dave Suponski
08-13-2011, 06:29 PM
David and Jack, Seeing as how Ed hasn't jumped in I will respond here. We do not currently have anything set up as far I know for handling on-line or international raffle ticket sales. An obvious oversight on our part. I would think a postal money order would get you set for this year and I can assure you this will be fixed by next years raffle.If I can be of help let me know by PM. My apology's...Dave

John Dunkle
08-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Hi David and Jack!

I wanted to do some checking before giving you guys the "correct answer".... Sorry for the delay!

Anyway - there are two primary ways to take on-line payments - PayPal and a Merchant Account. A "Merchant Account" is an account that a business entity can use to process virtually any credit card of the business entity's choosing - VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX, DISCOVER, etc.. Most banking institutions offer those services - and they are web based, straight forward and extremely easy to facilitate... (I'll address more of those in a second, OK?)...

PayPal. Paypal is great - BUT - there are some conditions to use - including exclusion of sales for "Raffle Tickets" (falls into "gambling" statutes for some states/countries) and using PayPal for non-eBay auctions (for obvious reasons). Anyway - that excludes PayPal for the Raffle and Silent Auction. Membership payments have been - and will continue to be fine, however...

OK - back to those "Merchant Services" for a moment... It requires someone on the BOD (a Director) to set up that account and have signatory privileges on that account (typically, the financial guy/gal). When my wife and set up one for our business years ago - it took only a few minutes. However - I am not on the PGCA BOD (and will not be), I am not a "Director" (and won't be), don't have signatory on the Bank Account (and don't want it ;) ).... So - I know the BOD is looking at that - and as of recently - is looking at Merchant Services with increasing importance....

Hope this helps,

John D.

Jack Cronkhite
08-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Things keep improving - a sign of vitality. I'll use a MO and snail mail and have already alerted my FFL to be ready at an instant's notice to set up the export; that is, unless David or someone else, by some stroke of good fortune, has their ticket pulled. I am ready though.

Cheers,
Jack

John Dunkle
08-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Well, if you'd like Jack.....

When you win, I can keep your Parker at my house, and you can come down and visit it anytime?

Now, I don't make that offer to just anyone - but, given the export/import fees, I figured it would be the very least I could do.....?.?

;)

Best to you!

John

Dave Suponski
08-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Watch him Jack....He just loves to borrow guns........:whistle:

Dean Romig
08-17-2011, 11:02 PM
I figured it would be the very least I could do.....?.?

:biglaugh::clap::biglaugh::clap::biglaugh:

Jack Cronkhite
08-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Dave: I'll watch closely. "Borrowing" suggests it does remain mine but I'm waiting to learn of any between visits storage fees :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Jack

Dean Romig
08-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Oh, there are no fees involved but do take a picture of your gun, 'cause you'll never see that gun again!!

John Dunkle
08-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi Jack,

Firstly, I do find myself in the awkward position of owing you an apology. I must apologize for the Laurel & Hardy (Dean & Dave) show. As is apparent to all but a few, my intentions are pure as the new driven snow....

As for any storage fee? Of course not! It would be my pleasure to treat your Parker as one of mine, as it were.......

With my best,

John

Jack Cronkhite
08-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Thanks John: That does give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Wait a minute, that rabbit under the flap jack would also give a warm and fuzzy feeling. No matter, I'm sure the gun will be in good hands if need be. :)

Cheers,
Jack

Dave Suponski
08-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Jack, Beware of the man with the silver tongue....:rolleyes:

Signed...Oliver Hardy

John Dunkle
08-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks John: ....No matter, I'm sure the gun will be in good hands...
Thank you Jack,

You are truly a "Prince Amongst Men" (as opposed to "Oliver"...?? ;) )

:cheers:

John