PDA

View Full Version : Unique Cleaning Tool

Mark Landskov
08-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Here is a neat 8 gauge tool. It is called 'Improved Cris Cross Gun Cleaner'. No manufacturer's info to be found, just a patent date of SEPT 30, 1902. Has anyone here seen anything like it?

Bill Murphy
08-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Very similar to a Tomlinson tool. Probably under the same patent. A discussion about similar tools is at the top on doublegunshop.com now.

Bill Murphy
08-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Can you show us a picture without glare that shows the box labels for the tool? Thanks. Do you want to trade off your eight gauge tool?

Mark Landskov
08-02-2011, 07:53 AM
I will give 'er a whirl, Bill. The label is oil soaked and is very hard to read. I have to use a magnifying glass to make out the letters. It may be a bit presumptuous, but, I figured it was for the 8 gauge by measuring the mesh area with my calipers. It is .850" in diameter. I collect loading and cleaning tools from BGI and Union Hardware. If this cleaner is not from either one of those outfits, you can have first dibs!

Mark Landskov
08-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Bill, I cannot do a thing with that label! I tried different angles, macro, flash, no flash, incandescent and flourescent lighting. My limited knowledge of this sort of photography is noteworthy. Sorry.

Jack Kuzepski
08-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Mark,

What is the length of that tool? I have something similar but the scrubber part (chain mesh) is missing. I thought it was a Tomlinson just missing the brass screens.

Jack Kuzepski

Mark Landskov
08-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Hi Jack. Sorry I missed your post. I will get back with that measurement.