PDA

View Full Version : check powder

charlie cleveland
07-28-2011, 08:14 PM
well i hate to admit it but i pulled a good one yesterday...i was loading up some more dove loads and every thing was going well i thought...i knew i needed to check my powder and i did but i was to late i had let it run out..i must haveloaded about 10 rounds with no powder in them...and i had put the loaded rounds in a box with several more i had loaded by the time i relized my mistake they were mixed with the good shells....i know i should have caught it sooner but .... ive got most of thebad ones out but theres still a couple im sure that still have no powder in them mixed with other shells...to make a long storey short you fellas check your powder and shot more often i know i will.... charlie

Dean Romig
07-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Charlie - just remember to check for a stuck wad down your barrel when you shoot one of them and it only goes "pop". :nono:

Paul Harm
07-29-2011, 08:57 AM
a friend swamped powder and shot bottles from a 600 to a 650mec - they're opposite - got the shot and powder backwards. Only 100 shells would stand up like bowling pins.

charlie cleveland
07-29-2011, 01:58 PM
i will not forget i hope to check for stuck wad...my father switched his powder andshot dispensers back in the 50 s.. he let a friend have a box of those shells before he knew of the mixup...the old gentleman he let have the shells usally kept several old trade shotguns...single barrel and the like most of them were really not safe to shoot..the old gent fierd some of those shells told my dad that them were the kickest shells he had ever fired...said they would roll a can plum across the yard...said he didnot know what was wrong with his old gun said he was going to have to get it fixed cause it would come unbreached each time he fired one of those shells my dad had given him....my dad told him not to fire no more of them shell till he seen what was wrong...my dad cut one of them shells open and that hull was half full of powder and just a few shot...needless to say it was funny the way the old gent talked about rolling them cans but my dad said he was glad no one was hurt...he changed those dyes around and every thing was ok....ive still got that old reloader...my dad gave it to me i still think of those reloads from time to time... a fellow can never be to careful..... charlie