PDA

View Full Version : lost but found

charlie cleveland
07-26-2011, 08:34 PM
was cleaning up trees and debree on our hunting roads today...had to use a chainsaw and small front end loader lord it was hot....while i was crossing a bridge i seen the sun reflecting off something...i stopped the tractor to get a better look low and behold it was the tail feathers and remains of a turkey gobbler..the tail fan was spread out as though he was in full strut...i believe this to be the turkey i shot and let get away...the turkey was about 20 yards further up a little ditch than i haD HUNTED FOR THE TURKEY... the turkeys remains look as though no varmint ever found the body... i sure hated crippling that bird but at least i now hes found now...if i had just hunted a little further up that little ditch....charlie

Dean Romig
07-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Been there Charlie... it's not a good feeling.

calvin humburg
07-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Crippling game makes one sad. But it just happens. Been hot here also 107 country is brown cows got prickly pear to eat in pasture.

Rich Anderson
07-28-2011, 07:33 AM
It is unfortunate to lose any game animal but it happens. I'm surprised no other critter found it.

Steve Huffman
07-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Them critters are getting smarter didnt want to eat any of that bad lead :rolleyes: