PDA

View Full Version : Possible hammer gun parts?

Francis Morin
07-22-2011, 11:31 PM
I have decided to part out the Ithaca 10- NIG made in 1906, a boxlock with external hammers- after a good soak in Kroil, I have dis-assembled the receiver and stripped all the working parts for cleaning- everything worked fine before I did this- the sears, triggers. top lever, spring loaded firing pins- Wow- like taking apart a Swiss watch- the intricate milling and all the drilled and tapped holes- coil bolt spring, leaf main springs and sear springs- pins and threaded machine screws, all intact- so- if you need replacement parts for a "using" hammer gun (Not for an authentic restoration of a high grade Parker Hammer gun) perhaps in that group- just need a clear foto and dims of the broken part(s) you need-:bigbye::bigbye:

Mark Landskov
07-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Your Ithaca must have a connection to my Baker. My Baker is similar, with the hammers being external, but not a side lock. Mr. Baker did have his hands in the business with Smith and Ithaca in the beginning. It is a neat gun, Francis, and should make a fine project for someone desiring a 10 bore on a budget. That was the driving force behind my 'New Baker' acquisition. My Grade 2 Parker 10 should be in the field next year.

Francis Morin
07-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Your Ithaca must have a connection to my Baker. My Baker is similar, with the hammers being external, but not a side lock. Mr. Baker did have his hands in the business with Smith and Ithaca in the beginning. It is a neat gun, Francis, and should make a fine project for someone desiring a 10 bore on a budget. That was the driving force behind my 'New Baker' acquisition. My Grade 2 Parker 10 should be in the field next year.-- Make me a reasonable offer and it is yours-the receiver is usable as is- this is a A grade mfg 1906- that was the basic grade, unlike Parkers who went from the end of the alphabet forwards to a and AA- All parts are cleaned, ready for re-assembly- coil bolt spring, rest are one pc. flat leaf springs- unlike LeFevers and Smith with a bend apex, these are scalloped for the locating pins that extend through the sides walls of the receiver- less breakage factor- Buttstock is 90% too- I repaired the small sliver at top left barrel tang- has original BP- replacement screws- barrels weight 5 lbs. and have mirror bores and heavy wall thickness at breech and muzzles- didn't check chamber depth- my guess- 2 & 7/8"--:bigbye:

Mark Landskov
07-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Tempting, but my new Trojan 20 gauge set me back quite a bit!

Francis Morin
07-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Tempting, but my new Trojan 20 gauge set me back quite a bit!-- and I'll put in on lay-away for you until the high price of Trojans starts to fade a bit-any chance we can see some "bring and brag" fotos of the 20- betcha it's a sweetheart!!:cool:

Mark Landskov
07-27-2011, 04:53 PM
I started a thread for it, but my title was a bit misleading.

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4808

and...

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4810