PDA

View Full Version : Never p.o. Ma Nature

Jack Cronkhite
07-21-2011, 03:17 PM
She has a way of gettin' nasty in a hurry. Grabbed some shots and headed in the opposite direction as fast as the rolling kennel could get me outta there.
Cheers,
Jack

http://parkerguns.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=143&pictureid=2674

Rick Losey
07-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Fantastic shot

Jack Cronkhite
07-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Things were swirling around pretty good. It did not touch down. I'm no storm chaser, this just sort of snuck up on us (me and the dogs). We were back to the car okay and I thought I gotta get some pics. Could hardly open the car door but did get the pics and high tailed it.

Cheers,
Jack

Jack Cronkhite
07-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Couple more

Dave Suponski
07-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Fantastic photography Jack....Looks like the gates of hell are about to open.....:eek:

charlie cleveland
07-21-2011, 09:15 PM
jack your living on the edge ...ha if it did not rain it sure missed a good chance...nice photos charlie

Frank Cronin
07-21-2011, 09:18 PM
As always, incredible pictures Jack!

Jack Cronkhite
07-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Oh yeah, there was rain and hail. You can see in the first pic on the right side the concentrated downpour. I'm on dirt trails in this area, so gotta get out or spend a long time waiting for a tow.

Cheers,
Jack

Fred Preston
07-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Jack, Those are fantastic pics; especially the first one with the wind laying down the grain and the clouds looking like the udders on an old sow . Our local weather reporters would love to publish it on their programs. Thought of copyrighting?

Jack Cronkhite
07-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Actually, whoever snaps a pic holds the copyright. You can outright sell your copyright, or you can allow a company to manage your rights, or you can engage royalty free micro-stock companies to host your images and pay you a small fee for every time one of their subscription customers downloads one of your images.

I play with a microstock site and net .33 / image that somebody wants. The company gets a lot more of course. I ain't getting rich on that, but some folks earn a living that way. I pay for my ammo and a little gas money for pheasant hunting. I'm not serious about that because to be serious you have to actually work. Not working is what retirement is all about and every once in a while I send the company some pics and they tell me all the technical things that are wrong or they accept them.

This is my top seller - an old departed friend. Lots of different images of him do sell.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410/albums/userpics/20061014_IMG_9133s.JPG

If anybody is interested in doing that with their own pics, send me a PM and I will be happy to guide you through it.

Cheers,
Jack

Rich Anderson
07-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Thats one great looking dog. He reminds me a lot of my dog Gunnar who won't stand still long enough for a picture. I need to get some close ups so i can have Gunners Gun built.

Jack Cronkhite
07-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Yes he was a great dog. Waiting at the rainbow bridge along with a few others.
Cheers,
Jack

Jack Cronkhite
07-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Ma Nature got over it but still a bit of a fiery temper showing, as she draws another day to a close.

http://parkerguns.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=143&pictureid=2690

Dean Romig
07-27-2011, 11:28 AM
That looks surprisingly like a wind-whipped prarie fire.

Jack Cronkhite
07-27-2011, 03:38 PM
She likes to play games. CHARLIE, KYRA and I were walking along old, rarely used, RR tracks. We had waited until quite late to avoid the heat. The setting sun around here can vary from spectacular to just slowly getting dark. Last night was going to be an average sunset but I thought it could be made to look interesting. I dropped into the bottom of the right of way to silhouette the canola crop against the sunset. I was thinking, as you, that this shot could be made to look almost like a prairie fire and, as it turns out, it does.

Cheers,
Jack

(I'm wondering what she will deliver when she gets word of that "dominion over nature" thing)

Dave Suponski
07-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Fantastic shot Jack....I agree with Dean. Ain't mother nature wonderful?