PDA

View Full Version : newbie

DAVID BAKER
07-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Hello
well I got a parker. I have always heard how great they are! From what I have learned in the last couple of days is.
#127867 (1903)
28 in
volcan barrels
Frame size 0
weight 32
Grade 7
16 ga
is this a good gun to restore? The bores are good.
From what I can see its probably shootable.
I can take pictures but I can't get them to go to the thead! I just don't know how to transfer them.

Dave Suponski
07-16-2011, 10:10 AM
David, Welcome! Your gun 127867 is in the "Serialization Book" as a Vulcan grade 16 gauge with 28" barrels and a capped pistol grip stock. If you would like to email the pictures to me I will try to post them for you. ctdoubles@aol.com

DAVID BAKER
07-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Is this a gun to restore or hang on the wall? I can get more pictures if it help! Someone years ago put a bolt threw the stock above the triggers and used buffalo nickels for washers. This gun has ruff texture on the outside of the barrels but its not a red rust. What should I do to clean it up?

Frank Cronin
07-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Welcome Dave - to clean the exterior of the metal, I like to use Kano Kroil to loosen and remove rust. A little goes a long way so don't drench it so it gets on the wood. Take your time. Dab oil on 2x2" shotgun cotton cleaning patches and a soft bristle brush. Others have used Hoppes #9 with success too.

Whomever used 5 cent Buffalo nickles for a washer is a pretty neat. Do you have close ups of that?

Brent Francis
07-16-2011, 02:32 PM
The buffalo nickel is a great. If I was restoring the gun I would find a way to keep the nickel repair it makes it unique and is a nice period touch.