PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Distinguished Service Award Nominations

Dean Romig
07-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Gentlemen, the 2011 GCA Annual Meeting and Banquet is only two months away and we have yet to receive more than one 'vote' for any of the nominees. Please give it some thought and send your nominations to either myself, Chris Lien, or Robin Lewis. Or simply go to our Home page and select "Awards and Recognitions" from the tabs on the left and follow the instructions there. It is very simple and the only requirements are the person's name, a brief sentence or two telling why you believe this person should be recognized, and there is no limit to how many people you may nominate, but no more than one 'vote' by you for each name.

contacts are Chris Lien... csl@spro.net

................Robin Lewis... rwvlewis@myfairpoint.net

................Dean Romig... dsromig@aol.com

Dean Romig
07-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Back To The Top

We have received some nominations for some very deserving members but not as many as I had been hoping for. Please see the opening post on this thread for how you can make your nominations.

Thanks for your thoughts and considered nominations.

Dean

Dean Romig
07-22-2011, 09:07 PM
TTT

John Dunkle
07-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Bump - stick...

Thanks Bill... You truly are one of a kind. HAH!!! ;)

John

John Dunkle
07-23-2011, 05:46 PM
I would also suggest that when someone nominates a person - that one of you fine gents actually let the nominator know that their nomination has been received and is under consideration.

Just saying....

John

Dean Romig
07-23-2011, 06:29 PM
John, I believe I have thanked all of those people who have placed nominations.
If anyone has contacted you, John, stating they don't know if their nomination was received, please send me a PM and I will take care of it immediately.

If I have neglected to acknowledge a nomination I humbly apologize.

Please remember, any PGCA Member in good standing (paid up) can nominate as many members as he pleases - but he can only nominate a member once.

Dean

John Dunkle
07-23-2011, 06:33 PM
I placed a nomination two days ago? Hence my post.

Thanks for all you do Dean!

John

Dean Romig
07-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Incidentally, Thanks Bill and Thanks John. :bigbye:

John Dunkle
07-23-2011, 06:46 PM
You have a pm...

John

Dean Romig
07-23-2011, 06:58 PM
You're funny :biglaugh:

I received your nomination yesterday and simply haven't replied yet.

Oh, and that's a good nomination... as are all the nominations I've received -

But we still need more.

John Dunkle
07-23-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm not funny. This is serious business...???

;)

John
(CHECK YOUR PM - I already replied!! :eek: )

Dean Romig
07-23-2011, 07:45 PM
I replied to your reply!!! :knowbetter::knowbetter::knowbetter:

John Dunkle
07-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Dang.. Before we are done with this thread, it will have more replies than any other thread???

:D

Nice to chat with you Dean!!! Many thanks again - for all you do for the PGCA...!!! You "done good"...

John

Dean Romig
08-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Back To The Top.

We still need more nominations. Please go to the Home page and click on the "Awards & Recognitions" tab on the left and simply fill out the easy form and send it to us.

Thanks, the Distinguished Service committee

Dean Romig
08-29-2011, 05:59 AM
Good Morning everyone.

The cut-off date of September 1st is two days away. Please send nominations through the avenues discussed earlier in this thread.
We have received a good number of nominations but unfortunately some very worthy names have only received one nomination.
We ask for your final considerations in the next two days.

Thanks very much,

The Distinguished Service Committee

Bill Murphy
08-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Only the committee knows which nominees have received only one nomination. The committee should decide which nominees are the best, regardless of how many nominations are forwarded for each. Thanks.

Dean Romig
08-29-2011, 02:37 PM
The committee has no power other than to accurately tabulate the nominations and present the DSP awards in accordance with the rules that were developed at the inception of the program. If we don't adhere to a democratic way of doing this I think the DSP program will fall short of the standard for which it was developed - that of being a way for the membership to show their appreciation and gratitude to their fellow members who have stepped up and 'shown the way'.