PDA

View Full Version : Now have a shotgun my dog can be proud of.

Michael Earls
07-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Hello All,

I finally broke down and purchased a firearm that my wonderful Brittney Spaniel can be proud of. It's a "G" grade Parker, 30" barrels (80003) and I absolutely love the way it flies to my shoulder. I may not hit more birds, but I'll enjoy the misses much more.

I look forward to gleening information from this site and corresponding with like minded sportsmen.

Hopefully we'll meet in the field soon.

Michael Earls

Dave Suponski
07-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Michael, Welcome to the world of Parker shotguns! How about some pictures of that new Parker and Brittney...We love pictures...:)

Dean Romig
07-05-2011, 06:04 AM
Where do you live Michael?

Michael Earls
07-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Pictures will come soon. While I live in Florida, I'm in Chicago.

calvin humburg
07-05-2011, 07:15 AM
Michael, Hello, yes pictures. Ah, what better to miss with than a Parker gotta leave some for seed:)

Russ Jackson
07-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Michael ,Welcome aboard ,Aw Yes ,Whats better than Parkers and your Best Hunting Buddy taking a break at the end of the day !

Dean Romig
07-06-2011, 05:58 AM
Nice pictures Russ!

Your Best Hunting Buddy must really have worked hard
and produced well to have earned a place on the leather chair.

Is that your 28 ga. DH?

Russ Jackson
07-06-2011, 07:16 AM
Good Morning Dean ,and yes the gun is my 28 D Grade ,and I know those little birds are your favorites ! Old Maggie was the best Friend and best Hunting Companion I ever had ,in her career we accumalated together and with fiends well over 600 Pheasants and numerous Grouse ,she was murder on Grouse but they are scarce around here any more ,12 Woodcock a year every year since she was a Pup ," My own Personal Season Limit ", we get good flights in here and I limit myself to 12 of the little fellows a season or I could get carried away I love to hunt them ! We had to put Maggie down this past Thanksgiving week ,she was fifteen years old and had Breast Cancer ,I retired her from the field two seasons earlier ,she would hunt hard and her legs would stiffen up at night ,we would lift her onto the leather chair and she would sleep for 10 to 12 hours after her last days afield ! Russ

Dean Romig
07-06-2011, 08:46 AM
What a special dog. Reading the last couple of sentences kinda choked me up... dogs going too soon always does that to me. A more appropriate term for that piece of furniture she is reposing on would be a Throne.

Marc Retallack
07-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Russ

I wish more hunters in our state shared your sense of ethics. Especially in regards to deer.

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your companion. Our lives would be that much more empty without them. The loss of my father last year would have been that much harder without my lab Max.

Marcus

Russ Jackson
07-06-2011, 10:10 AM
We decided to Breed Maggie when she was five years old ,we Bred her with a Gentleman who travels all over The USA Trialing his Dogs ,I had the pleasure of meeting with him ,he fell in love with Maggie ,she had nice size and stamina and that was what he was looking for and I was looking for a nice friendly Male that could really find Birds ! We had a litter of Pups ,They are nice Pups but just don't seem to have the same drive as Maggie when it comes to Hunting . Chip is my " Go To Dog now and he is the only Male out of the litter ,my friends are always impressed by him and he is a good companion ,but ,I was just too attached to the other I am afraid ,This is Maggies " Chip Off The Old Block " Chipper ,On Point ,What hes working ,and what happens occasionally when the Two comes together !

John Dallas
07-06-2011, 11:03 AM
"We Bred her with a Gentleman who travels all over The USA"

You might Have had better luck breeding her to another Brittany :rolleyes:

Russ Jackson
07-06-2011, 12:40 PM
John,I thought about that ,but it was too late !:rotf::rotf:

calvin humburg
07-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Choked me up to. A happy sad Story. That was funny John.