PDA

View Full Version : Lefever E - Dogs in the clouds

Frank Cronin
07-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Lefever E grade with ejectors. Gun was acquired from South Carolina who had it in a closet for over 40 years. It needed some serious help. As you can see from the before pics it rested upright and was heavily soaked with oil like a railroad tie. The stock was never cut having the original curve and the worn out pad was replaced with an original Lefever monogram butt-plate I purchased from a member on this board. The wood restoration and checker re-cut was done by Buck Hamlin who commented that how the oil was weeping from the grip cap. He also cleaned the action and checked for function. The Damascus barrels restored by Brad Bachelder. Case color is original.

Dave Suponski
07-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Wonderful gun Frank! Thanks for posting the photo's.

charlie cleveland
07-01-2011, 08:13 PM
it amazes me how good those case colors are and how they stand out..the e grade was a knockout...i just dont see how got a gun colors to look so good.. charlie

chris dawe
07-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Beautiful sir !

Mark Ouellette
07-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Frank,

Unbelievable colors!

Mark

Mark Landskov
07-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Wow! Nice Lefever, Frank. Brad restored my Parker Twist barrels and I see he could make my Lefever Damascus look nice, too! Decisions, eh?

Jay Gardner
07-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Spectacular.

David Holes
07-02-2011, 12:08 AM
That is one beautiful gun. can I shoot it, please. I finally got my hands on an old lefever that needs some TLC. Hope it turns as nice as yours. The wood on yours is awesome.That would be hard to duplicate. congrats, Dave

Rich Anderson
07-02-2011, 07:16 AM
A little TLC can go a long way. Very nice gun brought back to spectacular condition. congrats.

Brent Francis
07-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Really nice, I just picked up a F lefever as a project gun, your pictures get me excited about what it could be. The engraving on Lefevers seem to be really variable. When I was looking for a project some of the older Es and Fs have alot less engraving than the later ones. I think they kept adding models at the bottom G, then H then I then DS and as they did they upgraded the engraving on the E, and Fs makes pricing them based on grade a little tricky. Thanks for pics

Jay Gardner
07-02-2011, 06:41 PM
That's a great stick of wood. Seems like Lefever used really exceptional wood on their higher grade guns.