PDA

View Full Version : Ithaca Collectors site??

Francis Morin
06-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Just picked up a nice clean Ithaca Flues 20- sn 239xxx about 1911-1912- what happened to the Ithaca website??:bigbye:

Mark Landskov
06-24-2011, 06:36 AM
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=202477
Hi Francis,
I found this thread from two years ago on Shotgun World. Walt Snyder does not have a link in his Doublegun Shop signature, either. I figured he would if an Ithaca group existed. He 'wrote the book'.

david ross
06-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Just picked up a nice clean Ithaca Flues 20- sn 239xxx about 1911-1912- what happened to the Ithaca website??:bigbye:

Hi Francis.
Do you or any other members out there have any info on old or new mod
37 pump guns numbers years ect.

Thanks Dave .:bigbye:

Frank Cronin
06-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Here is a direct link I think will help for the '37 pump and other Ithaca SxS models. The owner was a gunsmith who worked at Ithaca for 28 years.

http://www.diamondgunsmithing.com/IGSN/IGSN.html

david ross
06-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi Frank.
Good link by my 37s number it was made in 1967.
Thanks Frank.
All the best Dave.

lee r moege
06-26-2011, 02:08 PM
There are 2 Ithaca sites on Shotgun World. Th e first is the "new" Ithaca factory site. Farther down the lineup is a site for Ithaca lovers. Walt is the moderator of that site. Lee.

charlie cleveland
06-26-2011, 04:19 PM
francis if i were a pump man the itaca 37 would certainly be standing in my corner...i had a model 37 extra feather lite 20 ga i gave my grandson a while back...neat little gun but kicked like a 12....good find... charlie

Francis Morin
06-26-2011, 05:40 PM
francis if i were a pump man the itaca 37 would certainly be standing in my corner...i had a model 37 extra feather lite 20 ga i gave my grandson a while back...neat little gun but kicked like a 12....good find... charlie-- I am a dyed-in-the-wool M12 man, my grandson Jordan will start with a 20 field grade 28" mod choke my late Dad bought new in 1932-has the older "perch-bellied" buttstock, I shot my first pheasants and ducks with it (with a 3 shot plug)- I had a solid red pad added when I was about 13- longer arms, bigger in chest and shoulders than my late father- but I have a spare M12 20 gauge buttstock to install on it when Jordy is ready- hopefully at age 10 or so-- his father is a lefty, but still shoots his late father's M25 12 gauge Win pumpgun, when he's not borrowing my "POS" evil black Mossenburgher 835 Utility Mag 3.5" 12 pump..

I like the Ithaca M37, they sure were popular, one of Michigan's now late legendary grouse men, Doc Hall of Traverse City area- had a 20 with a Poly-choke and he was a deadly wingshot with that. My late friend from the Haymarsh Club, owner of a peat and topsoil operation just north of Lakeview- Bud Gummer, a real GSP man, shot a Rem M17 20, also with a Poly-choke, and was also a superb wingshot.

Some men, it might seem, can shoot any shotgun that fits them fairly well, and if the Ithaca featherlight is their chosen "escopeta", well they are in good company indeed. If imitation is truly the sincerest form of flattery, then the short-lived Winchester M12 featherlight may have been offered to the American gunning public as another choice against the well-established Ithaca--:bigbye::bigbye:

Francis Morin
06-26-2011, 05:59 PM
There are 2 Ithaca sites on Shotgun World. Th e first is the "new" Ithaca factory site. Farther down the lineup is a site for Ithaca lovers. Walt is the moderator of that site. Lee.-- I tried three times to register/login in- Fubar--I think my Dell computer table top thingy is "hoo-doed"- I can't log onto the LeFever, AH Fox or LC Smith sites--and what does "Spam in a can" have to do with computers and an IPC gizmo?? What is going on-- PGCA website- piece of cake, ditto YeeOldeDoubleGunWorkshoppe dot com--but the others- might as well be in Izbeckastan--:corn::p:cuss::eek::cuss::whistle::whistle::whistl e::whistle: