PDA

View Full Version : Sept. Vintagers Shoot

william faulk
06-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Hi All,
I am thinking about attending the Vintagers Shoot this September..
Do many PGCA members go to this event ?
How does it compare to the recent Southern Shoot ?
What's your opinion??
It bis a long drive from Texas..

Bill:cheers:

Dean Romig
06-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi Bill, The PGCA will not have an official presence at the Vintager's this September. Instead, the PGCA will hold its Annual Meeting and Banquet in Louisville, KY in conjunction with the Louisville Gun Show. There will probably be some Parker shooters at the Vintager's but none have come forward here to say so... to the best of my knowledge.

Daryl Corona
06-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Bill,
I live only 50 mins. from Pintail Point which as you know is the site of the Vintagers. I will certainly be there if God is willing and the creek don't rise as will a number of other Parker members. It's a great venue with a number of other clubs in the area to shoot, great restaurants and let's not forget gads of guns to drool over. It's different than the Southern but still a lot of fun and just a lovely area of the country that time of the year.
Daryl

Dean Romig
06-21-2011, 11:18 PM
I agree with Daryl on all accounts.

william faulk
06-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Bill,
I live only 50 mins. from Pintail Point which as you know is the site of the Vintagers. I will certainly be there if God is willing and the creek don't rise as will a number of other Parker members. It's a great venue with a number of other clubs in the area to shoot, great restaurants and let's not forget gads of guns to drool over. It's different than the Southern but still a lot of fun and just a lovely area of the country that time of the year.
Daryl

Daryl...How is it different than the Southern..Targets? Events? People?
I probably come up as I have an invitation to ride with a real avid shooter
and won't have to drive....but man is a long way from Texas..
How is the September weather??
Tahaks,
Bill:cheers:

Daryl Corona
06-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Bill,
The targets are much, much better than the Southern. I've heard noone complain about Pintail's course. Can't say that about the Southern's. The only reason I attend is the Challenge. I'll admit this event draws a large number of Parker people probably because of the Challenge but so did the Vintagers when we had our annual meeting tied in with this Sept. event. This year maybe not so much but we'll see. As far as the people you'll encounter it's the same core of vendors and faces that you would see at the Southern. Even if not one Parker member attended there are still a great bunch of Fox, LC Smith, Lefever, and other SxS attendees who have become good friends over the years. To be honest, the AH Fox challenge is what keeps me coming back to the Vintagers. Now for the weather. It usually is in the 80's to mid 90's and can be somewhat humid so being from The great state of Texas you should be used to it. As I say all summer long "It sure as hell beats snow and ice with a high of 20 for the day". Lastly we have the Chesapeake Bay. It's simply beautiful.
Hope this was of some help,
Daryl

Dean Romig
06-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Now for the weather. It usually is in the 80's to mid 90's and can be somewhat humid so being from The great state of Texas you should be used to it. As I say all summer long "It sure as hell beats snow and ice with a high of 20 for the day". Lastly we have the Chesapeake Bay. It's simply beautiful.
Hope this was of some help,
Daryl

And it is right smack in the middle of hurricane season... :eek:

william faulk
06-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Daryl..
I will PM you my cell number..I will see you at the shoot.
The people that I riding up with told me the same thing about the targets.I enjoyed the Southern but thought the targets showed little imagination.
Most were trap style from the right or the left.If you shot all events the targets got boring.I know the terrain has a lot to do with it but I missed having teal..long crossers,incomers,loopers etc..that we shoot in Texas.
Do I have to wear those funny clothes ??
See you in Sept.
Thanks,
Bill :bigbye:

Daryl Corona
06-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Bill,
By funny clothes are you referring to a 10gal. hat, chaps and pointy cowboy boots with spurs? Hell yeah! Seriously, no just dress as you would if you were shooting at your club in TX. Wait a minute that means you would be wearing- nah, jeans, t-shirts, shorts are what 75% of the attendees will be wearing but I just love a good Stetson. Look forward to seeing you- I just PM'd you with my cell. It's way too hot to dress up in wool and tweeds.

Dean,
By the time any hurricane gets up the bay it's mostly rain and wind. Most of the snot has been knocked out of it. But as I said earlier "It sure as hell beats snow and ice with a high of 20 for the day". That same hurricane in the winter we call a Nor-Easter then we get pounded with snow anywhere from 1-2 feet. Then 80-90 degrees with some humidity is something we look forward to. Everything in life is relative.
Regards,
Daryl

Dave Suponski
06-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Bill,I have been to the last three Vintager Events at Pintail. And all I can tell you is Great people....Great guns....and Great targets.

What's not to love??? You will have a great time and if you meet up with Daryl tell him I said.....aw nevermind.....:rotf:

Dean Romig
06-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Yeah Bill, you'll have fun with Daryl... er... well, Daryl will show you a good time... oh, whatever... The Vintager's at Pintail Point is a great event - enjoy!!

Bill Murphy
06-22-2011, 10:13 PM
There will not be a hurricane. There never has been a hurricane. It is the biggest side by side event in the US. I have had perfect attendance since the event moved out of New Hamphire or wherever. I wouldn't miss it if it were in Ottawa. Well, maybe if it were in Ottawa.

Daryl Corona
06-22-2011, 10:20 PM
You must take what Dave and Dean say with a TX size grain of salt. Keep in mind that they are Yankees- way north of the Mason/Dixon. They will be tending to Parkaah business down south while we are relaxing in the Land of Pleasant living. Too bad- you would have enjoyed their company and busting some clays with them. Although with Dave and Dean busting clays usually means a 16oz claw hammer with the targets laid out on a picnic table.
D

Dean Romig
06-22-2011, 10:26 PM
OUCH!! Now that hurts! Everybody up nawth knows I use a snow shovel on clays that are slow pitched toward me. Claw hammer and stationary targets on a picnic table is kid stuff - I haven't done that in a couple of years.

Dave Suponski
06-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Wow....Very good Daryl...:shock: Not bad for southern boy....:rotf: Don't mind Dean he has thin skin. I just saw him do that month ago....:whistle:

Mark Parela
06-27-2011, 11:02 PM
I always wonder why that event starts the same day the Kings Cup Pichon shoot starts in Madrid. I miss it every year.

Dave Suponski
06-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Most likely they both wanted you in attendance....

Mark Parela
06-27-2011, 11:50 PM
Most likely they both wanted you in attendance....
Now that is funny right there I tell ya. I shoot there just PP every time I go to my duck camp down there, it's a wonderful place to shoot. Ben Wise is a first class act also. All I can say is don't get the pigeon bug.