PDA

View Full Version : CHE, 20

Russ Jackson
09-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Hey guys, its not " Photo Friday " yet but close enough and I wanted to show you guys my new Shootin Iron !

Robert Delk
09-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Very nice. Is the stock original ? What ever,it is beautiful.Wonderful engraving too.I don't think I have ever seen a C with the breech ends engraves so extensively.

Angel Cruz
09-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Russ, that is one beautiful Parker. I love the checkering and the engraving and the gauge and the grade, the straight stock, the for-end, perfect screws, heck even the pad looks good an that gun. Nice going partner...

Russ Jackson
09-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Robert; Thank you, I believe the stock is correct, as before buying the gun, I found out who ordered the gun originally and the Initials are correct in the oval !,Also the fit is very nice and the whole gun appears to have aged together, with maybe the exception of the pad, although it also shows some amount of wear !

Russ Jackson
09-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Angel; Thank you, as we have discussed, I just couldn't stand the thought of passing it up, I just not sure which of the guns I like the best, this one or that beautiful Hammer gun that belonged to you !!

Robert Delk
09-03-2009, 09:22 PM
He had great taste! I would order one just like it if I could,especially if I could pay what he did. Of course, this gun was not inexpensive even when new. Probably a couple months pay for the average Joe. Outstanding gun.

Russ Jackson
09-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Robert, I imagine you are right about the cost for the average guy, I really liked the Quail on the bottom,the B grades seem to have more of this style from what I have seen, this is a late Rem. gun, maybe this is a pattern they used more in that era, to be honest I haven't seen many guns from that period so I really don't know .

Ed Blake
09-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I love how the engraving of the dogs was executed. Just in time for dove season too. Very nice indeed.

Russ Jackson
09-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Thank you Ed, I thought the same thing but my wife just loves the Doves, and she feeds them and Soooooooooooo, I suppose I will have to wait until Grouse season.

C Roger Giles
09-03-2009, 10:03 PM
The only problem with that iron of beauty is the wrong guy owns it, I should have title to it.

Roger

Russ Jackson
09-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Roger; I'm sort of a Horse Tradin, kind of guy, so that could possibly happen one day ,but for now I'm just going to sort of hang on to it !:)

Dean Romig
09-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Russ, congratulations on that fabulous little CHE. The dogs with head held high are very typical of late Remington DHE's and CHE's and I have seen those quail before too on the late guns. What isn't typical at all are the engraved wedges and the checkering treatment of both the stock and forend. I can't wait to hear what your Letter says about that gun. How long are the barrels and what are the chokes?
Lucky you !! Will you be at the Vintager's? If yes, please bring that CHE.

Russ Jackson
09-04-2009, 05:23 AM
Dean; Thank you on the congrats , and yes a friend of mine and I plan on driving down to Pintail on Sat. and just spending the day hanging out, if you would like to see the 20 Ga. I will tote her along. I am thinking on maybe bringing another gun or two for trading, in the chance I see another small bore that catches my eye at one of the booths .I haven't sent for a letter yet but I will be ,there are also a couple of Rem. repair codes on this gun, I am hoping I can document some of the extra engraving and also the unique checkering on the forearm. I edited this Dean, I forgot to say, the barrels are 26 ", and the chokes on Galazans Gauge measure, IC. and IM. Russ

Dave Suponski
09-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Russ,Congratulations on a fine little Parker! Please bring that gun to the Vintagers. Look me up.I would like to meet you.I will be there Friday through Sunday.I will keep an eye out for you also.

Russ Jackson
09-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Dave, Thank you much, and I will make a point to look you up, I would like to meet you also, along with the rest of the guys I " BS " with regularly on our forum. When you are at the vintagers, does some one do name tags or anything to let those of that have not done it before know who folks are ?

Dave Suponski
09-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Russ,Ya some guy,s wear name tags which make's it alot easier. I usually don,t. Just hold up that great CH and I will come running :) Don't worry I,ll find ya....

Dave Tercek
09-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Russ , You have a way of finding the nice ones. I won't be at the Vintagers Saturday.If you think that you may have it at the Greensburg show let me know.I would love to see it in hand.
Congrats, Dave

Russ Jackson
09-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi Dave; Haven't run into you for a while, good to hear from you, I hope to do the Greensburg show, and will probably take it up to show Ed, if I make it I hope to go Sunday.By the way, you found a pretty nice one at the last show as I recall ! That was a beautiful gun ! Russ

Bob Jurewicz
09-05-2009, 07:54 AM
Russ,
Great looking gun!!! I love the engraving! Sorry I'll miss the Greenburg show I'm down in Texas right now getting ready for fall and winter fun.
Bob Jurewicz

Bob Jurewicz
09-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Russ,
Check PMs.
Bob Jurewicz

Russ Jackson
09-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Bob, Thank you for the nice compliment,on the gun, I will send you a P.M. Russ

Russ Jackson
09-07-2009, 10:58 AM
I have studied all of the #'s and codes on the barrel flats and this is what is on them, I have been trying to " cypher "through this, would you fellas that have the knowledge in this area tell me if I have figured this out .I believe by the " K G ", the gun was built May,1938,Serial #240983,which in the book shows build date toward the end of 1937 ? Also appears to be sent back to Rem." XNN3 ",Dec., 1944, and also sent back to Rem. " BPP3 "Jan., 1945, From what I can figure out the # 3 at the end of the return stampings is the "Customer Repair # "Also Has "Made in USA, and Parker Overload Proved in ovals , and the unstruck barrel weight is 3# 1 oz., am I correct in my figuring ? Thanks for info. and please feel free to correct me if I am wrong,Always learning ! Russ