PDA

View Full Version : American Waterfowl Hunting

Angel Cruz
06-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Here's a portfolio by Bob Kuhn, this was put out by Remington. I don't know the year this came out but it is interesting in that even back then the Remington company was catering to spanish speaking customers. Pretty neat..:corn::corn:

Dean Romig
06-17-2011, 02:58 PM
That's an interesting point Angel. I wonder when Remington began specifically catering to Spanish speaking customers... or possibly it may have been Remington's intent to distribute the portfolios internationally. There are a lot of Spanish speaking countries where waterfowl hunting is a huge business and has a great following.

Angel Cruz
06-17-2011, 03:18 PM
I was thinking the same, probably Spain and Argentina and others in South America.

Dean Romig
06-17-2011, 03:25 PM
And lets not forget Mexico.

John Dallas
06-18-2011, 12:45 AM
My Dad was a Remington Director in the 70's. I have a shooter's vest he got off of one of Remington's Mexican pro's. Black vest with "Remington Equipe de Tiro" (Remington Shooting Team, I think) Too bad it's not a 2XL Long, or I'd wear it.

Robert Rambler
06-18-2011, 07:21 AM
Those are neat. Gotta wonder how many guys have actually shot Pintails from up in a Cypress tree? :cool:

Angel Cruz
06-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Come on, John. I'm size 38 and I speak Spanish!!!

Francis Morin
06-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Come on, John. I'm size 38 and I speak Spanish!!!-- Pero la manera mas lantamente que un Espanol nativo. Tenia un TDY en Puerto Rico 1964-65 en los caminos de Roosevelt ( Rosey Roads naval base 10th ND) evitaria hoy qualquier sagueo en Mexico, debido a las senores de las drogas brutales presentes-- Si usted desera entender eso, sugiero que usted lea a Jim Harrison-- de la novela corta de s "La Vengaza" --Revenge-- mas adelante una peculiar con Anthony Quinn y Kevin Costner- y Angel-mi amigo de los amigos, mis recuerdos para su hermana querida, ahora y por todo el tiempo para venir!!!

Angel Cruz
06-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Francis, amigo, que puedo decir? Usted me sorprende otra vez. Primero Aleman y ahora Espanol! !Increible! Mucha gracias por los buen deseos para my hermana. Usted si es un
amigo de los amigo!!

Dean Romig
06-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes, what a surprise... multi-lingual! I wonder what other surprises he still keeps close.

Francis Morin
06-18-2011, 02:36 PM
The HS German language teacher was also the Spanish language teacher- back in 'the day'- so the Romance language of Espanol (Castillian si usted puedes) as is French and Italian, somewhat based on Latin-- and like all good little Irish Catholic lads, we grew up with Latin in Church and Catholic schools- up to the eight grade, then public-

Mae is fluent in French and Russian, and a lady friend from a music group is teaching me Danish- somewhat easier to learn, like perhaps Dutch, if you understand the structure of the German language- But I would guess the hardest language (notice I did NOT say "foreign" language) for an English speaking person to learn is Finnish- tough rugged people, the Russkies got the tails kicked back to Moscow in 1940-41 trying to capture Finland-

I like to learn new things- am a self-taught Blues and Bluegrass guitar picker, but don't read noted music (yet)- so someday, perhaps. Life is indeed, a mystery, n'ces pas, mon amis???:bigbye:

Francis Morin
06-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Francis, amigo, que puedo decir? Usted me sorprende otra vez. Primero Aleman y ahora Espanol! !Increible! Mucha gracias por los buen deseos para my hermana. Usted si es un
amigo de los amigo!!-- Mil gracias para sus palabras- nosotros son "Rey Del Mundo Hombres" no es verdad--? Ya, lo crelo!!:cool::cool::cool: