PDA

View Full Version : Phesant outlook

calvin humburg
06-13-2011, 08:13 AM
Seen a momma phesant running with a bunch of little ones so theres hope. Lot of Roosters left from last year as well. One of these days be chasing them. Best ch

charlie cleveland
06-13-2011, 09:29 PM
thanks for that report november is not that far off...id better get me some shells rolled up andget my gear packed....charlie

Kenny Graft
06-14-2011, 08:10 AM
I love Kansas!!!....(-: Its bird hunting exactly like ohio was when I was a kid....I hope to get there this november to Hill City area.

charlie cleveland
06-14-2011, 08:11 PM
what part of the state is hill city...i too like hunting in kansas only been there once but lord willing i will be back in ness city in november..... charlie

Rich Anderson
06-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Charlie just where exactly are these Phez? I have the Parker, a dog and shells and time off I just need the birds:rolleyes:

Kenny Graft
06-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Hill city is in the north west corner above 70.....1200 miles from my home in Ohio....Its easy trip ...just follow 70 west for 20 hours or so. Ware you from Charlie???

calvin humburg
06-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Hill City is 1 hour stright north of me Charlie. My wifes brother lives there. Neet country. I planted milo by the railroad tracks shood be a good spot for us. Might even find a chicken there.

charlie cleveland
06-15-2011, 02:38 PM
richard those birds are in calvins neck of the woods ness city kansas some good hunting there and some really nice folks... kenny im from north east mississippi live in a small communith called fairview..im 1 hour east of tupelo ...elvis presly home town... calvin a chicken is in my sights and wanted list now.... charlie

Milton Starr
06-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Charlie you going to unleash the 8 ga on those pheasant? Maybe a light 1.5 oz of 6s ? I want to go to Wyoming to hunt those birds myself

charlie cleveland
06-26-2011, 02:50 PM
no milt unfornunalt kansas want let me use the 8 on anything but tin cans...never been to wyoming but bet they have great hunting too... charlie

Milton Starr
06-26-2011, 10:37 PM
no milt unfornunalt kansas want let me use the 8 on anything but tin cans...never been to wyoming but bet they have great hunting too... charlie

Well send it my way ill use it on hog/deer/coyote/squirrel/sparrows/crow/rabbit/bobcat/turkey/home Intruders/rattlesnake/ etc lol. We don't have a gauge restriction besides.the.federal law about waterfowl and the gauge minimal law for turkey which is 20 ga or bigger.

charlie cleveland
06-27-2011, 06:00 PM
milt the only thing to me that beats a 8 ga is the mghty 4 bore.. this is the gun i long for but will probably never get to own.. would love to pull the trigger on a big tom turkey usind the 4 bore with 4 ounces of no 2 shot...what a dream what a gun... charlie

John Dallas
06-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Charlie - Before you shoot that Tom with a 4 bore, you better find a good recipe for Turkey Hash

Milton Starr
06-27-2011, 10:06 PM
I joined this site for the 8 ga pics and talk. I have a email to a guy who owns a.ken owens sxs 4 bore rifle. Would you like it he loves people askin about it. Im a dire.hard 8 ga and 10 ga fan though. I think the 8 ga is.mesmerizing lol its the.holy grail of guns to me. I know agunsmith who would.make you a parker in 4 ga. Probably cost you 10k .out of my range.

charlie cleveland
06-27-2011, 10:10 PM
ill call jack im sure he has a good hash recipe...all i can say is look out turkeys if i ever get me a 4 bore.... charlie ps seen a big hen in my field today. i seen her a month ago she had 4 poults with her but today she did not have them i figure something made a meal of them...young turkeys have a hard time making it till there full grown...

charlie cleveland
06-27-2011, 10:18 PM
milt that 4 bore at 10 k is way out myprice range too...the only 4 bore that was ever in my price range was a french 4 bore double i seen a few years back at 3 thousand and it had done sold even 3 would be much for me now...i like the 8 ga a lot but my favorite is the 10 ga...charlie

Milton Starr
06-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Yeah i got off topic.I never hunted pheasants but my favorite shot size is lead #4s .I want to make a duplex load of nickel plated #2s and if I find some #T shot. Im impressived.with.large lead so far on small game though I've only tried.up to #4 .wouldn't mind going up to Montana or Wyoming to hunt them.