PDA

View Full Version : 6 gauge

charlie cleveland
06-11-2011, 08:39 PM
was at a small gun show today.. first seller i met had a very interesting gun..it was a double barrel percussion 6 ga.. seller said he had the gun for 25 years what surprized me was the condition of the old fowling piece as he called it...i believe it had been restocked but the work was very nise but the rest of the gun was very very good. the old guns hammers were very tight and the barrel had no corrosion at all inside or out...very thick barrel ends lots of nichol silver on the gun...man ask a thousand for the old gun..i thought it was a good price for such a nice old gun...there was no makers name i could see except it said london fine steel...barrels were 30 inches and had a rib that must have been 3/4 inches wide...the old gentleman said he liked parkers and lc smiths i told i did too... well to make a long storey short i didnot want to trade my parkers or lc smiths off and i only had a 20 in my pocket sad to say the old gentleman steel has that fine old 6 ga ive still got my parkers and smiths plus my 20... i did break that 20 before i left though i bought a solid brass railroad lock with the original key for three bucks so i didnot come home empty handed after all....but i did get to see my first 6 ga...... charlie

Milton Starr
07-01-2011, 08:58 PM
He still got it? Is.it straight stock? Im interested .

charlie cleveland
07-02-2011, 09:52 AM
i dont know if hes still got it ... will see the dealer in august at the tupelo gun show...i do not know his name or telephone no but the old gent is always at the show...this 6 ga is a black powder muzzle loading gun but its in top shape...charlie

Milton Starr
07-02-2011, 10:58 AM
I can't afford no sxs 8 ga currently. But 1,000$ sounds good for.the 6 ga. Probably weighs like 15 lbs lol. Oh I checked out pantiles. I like the P.Hast 8 ga they have but.its 9,000$ . Now if it were 900$ it be a deal