PDA

View Full Version : One more time, then I ask John Dunkle to help

Francis Morin
06-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Maybe third time's da charm, Ja-- we shall see-:bigbye::bigbye::bigbye::bigbye::bigbye:

Dean Romig
06-08-2011, 08:43 PM
I applaud your perseverance. :clap:

Angel Cruz
06-08-2011, 10:02 PM
What's the length of the bbls Francis?

charlie cleveland
06-08-2011, 10:54 PM
seen a lot of pictures this time francis....may be someday i will learn the process of picture posting by myself... ive still haVE TO GRABwhoever to help me... gun is nice you made a good find should make you a good shooter...that not for ball stamping on the gun means you aint suppose to shoot the round ball or slug in it... charlie

Francis Morin
06-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Angel- they are actually 27 & 13/16"- not cut, original bead and both top and bottom ribs intact- I don't have a chamber length gauge- a WAG would be 2.5", possibly less- both bores cleaned up nicely with Hoppes and 0000 Steel wool on a Tomlinson cleaner- no deep pits or dents-

My 16 PH with 26" Twist barrels- also uncut, actually measure 26 & 1/16" OAL--Makes me wonder if the barrel makers in that era had more "leeway" than the lathe turned and bored to gauge Proof Steel barrels of a later era-Anyone know about this??:bigbye::bigbye:

Mark Landskov
06-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Hi guys. I can't help but note that lots of folks are having trouble posting pictures here. My computer uses Windows Vista Home Premium with Windows Photo Gallery. My Kodak Z710 camera downloads quickly and easily. I use the 'attachment' paperclip above and upload right from my computer without the hassle of Photobucket or other internet photo albums. Of all the sites I frequent, this site is the easiest to post photos. I hope I am not kicking sand in anyone's face! Sorry for hijacking your thread, Francis. Very nice gun, by the way. Enjoy! Cheers!

Francis Morin
06-09-2011, 09:48 AM
[quote=Angel Cruz;44267]What's the length of the bbls Francis?[/27 & 13/16" and uncut- my 16 PH with 26" twist barrels is actually 26 & 1/16"- also uncut

Francis Morin
06-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi guys. I can't help but note that lots of folks are having trouble posting pictures here. My computer uses Windows Vista Home Premium with Windows Photo Gallery. My Kodak Z710 camera downloads quickly and easily. I use the 'attachment' paperclip above and upload right from my computer without the hassle of Photobucket or other internet photo albums. Of all the sites I frequent, this site is the easiest to post photos. I hope I am not kicking sand in anyone's face! Sorry for hijacking your thread, Francis. Very nice gun, by the way. Enjoy! Cheers!-- Your posts and replies are always a breath of fresh air, Mark- I remember the old Kodak "Brownie" cameras from "the day", but would not know a Zulu710 Kodak from a Alaskan Kodiak-well, maybe a little-:cool::whistle::bigbye:

Angel Cruz
06-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Francis, I have a DH 12ga and the bbls measure 28-1/4 inches. I had to measure twice just to make sure the stanley tape was right.

Francis Morin
06-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Francis, I have a DH 12ga and the bbls measure 28-1/4 inches. I had to measure twice just to make sure the stanley tape was right.--And my long time hunting pal has a 1915 era BE 12 Fox, DT, Ejectors- with Krupp Flusstahl barrels and they measure an even 29 & 1/2", whether a Stanley, Lufkin or K-Mart Cheapo tape rule is used- go figure- that gun patterns evenly- IMP Mod and Full- with any load you care to shoot, Trap loads, Skeet loads, reloads, just Not steel shot of course- :bigbye:

Francis Morin
06-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Gun has been sold to a very good friend and a PGCA member-I appreciate the tolerance shown me in the fotos scenario, especially the kind words from Bro Romig-- Being a grandfather of four now (little Jack Robert O'Scanlon gets Baptized this coming Sun) has made me even more aware of the need to be patient- a friend once told me- Patience is being patience, even when your patience wears thin--also a hallmark of the late USMC Gunnery Sgt. Carlos N. Hathcock--lock and load!!!:bigbye::bigbye::bigbye:

Bill Murphy
06-10-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm very glad to hear that "this site" is the easiest on which to post pictures, without the assistance of a third party. If this it true, I will buy The Lovely Linda a new car and see if she will assist me in posting a picture or two. Stay tuned for a few months.

Francis Morin
06-10-2011, 10:07 PM
[quote=Francis Morin;44317]Gun has been sold to a very good friend and a PGCA member-I appreciate the tolerance shown me in the fotos scenario, especially the kind words from Brother Dean Romig- Sale is on hold, please see the ad For Sale in that sector of our forum-- FYI- besides Mike McIntosh's "Best Guns" 1989 4 pages on W> C. Scott & Son in the "Britiania Rules" chapter, those guns are also mentioned twice by my gunning God, the late T. Nash Buckingham- in the GBE book "The Best of Nash Buckingham"- as if there was anything else other than that from "Mr. Buck"--:bigbye:

Dean Romig
06-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Oh good Bill - A new thread where we can post pictures of our cars both past and present. Hurry and buy that new car Bill. How badly did the Toyota get banged up after ramming the "Slow Johns" at Hausman's??

This picture a mere split-second before impact.

Dave Suponski
06-11-2011, 09:32 AM
:rotf:

Francis Morin
06-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Toyota- just saw on the History channel- made in USA and has a higher % of USA made parts (here) than a comparable Ford product-- Whatever replacement vehicle Mrs. Murphy (or Murphey if you read carefully the foto captions in our Parker Pages) gets, I'm sure will be fine- If I had my choice, as with their beers, food and "Zaftig Madelen" (think of the St. Pauli Girl) I'd go German- Porsche, BMW, Mercedes-Benz-- might have to unload a few of the double guns and Colts to swing that- guess I'll just "keep on a truckin'" in my Ford Ranger--

Out here in the heartlands, we call those plastic porta-poties "Johnny Carson Space Ships"-- "Heeeere's Johnny---:bigbye:

John Dallas
06-12-2011, 06:39 PM
....And the guy who picks them up at the end of the party is a "Lavatory Retriever"

Francis Morin
06-12-2011, 10:02 PM
:corn::corn::corn:....And the guy who picks them up at the end of the party is a "Lavatory Retriever":rotf::rotf::):rotf::cool::bigbye::bigbye:

Bill Murphy
06-13-2011, 12:22 PM
It's been a while since I owned a German car, but I dearly love my German shotguns. Took a trip to Ottsville a while back to pick up my skeet gun which was in for a little project. Had .410 barrels fitted so I could have one exactly like Linda's. I can feel the time coming when the .410 will be the only thing I can handle. Last German car in the family was one of those "seller's remorse" things. Linda and I helped her aunt sell her one owner '55 Speedster. Linda told me the only way I could have it was to clear out some shotguns. In retaliation, and to avoid selling any shotguns, I offered it to a friend and fellow PGCA member who had the Speedster's mate in a different color. His wife gave him the same Catch 22 ultimatum and we ended up selling the little gem to a stranger for about a fifth of its value. In retrospect, I probably could have sold it right on this website in about twenty minutes.

Francis Morin
06-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Ich bbin mit dem spaten J. O'Connor (einen gebruden Iren, Ja?) einverstanden, sind Deutsche hergestellte Schrotflinten formlos, zu viele Springenhirsche und das cheekpiece- aber groBe Gewehr K98, das von Herrn P.P. Mauser, erfunden wird, dass Schraubbolzentatigkeit ein Weltkategorienentwurf, der noch aushalt, dennoch heute ist!

Wie nach ihren Autos, die errichtet wurden, um fur immer zu laufen und mit einem Autobahn fur eine Testschiene, konnte wer um mehr bitten?:cool::cool:

Francis Morin
06-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Ich bbin mit dem spaten J. O'Connor (einen gebruden Iren, Ja?) einverstanden, sind Deutsche hergestellte Schrotflinten formlos, zu viele Springenhirsche und das cheekpiece- aber groBe Gewehr K98, das von Herrn P.P. Mauser, erfunden wird, dass Schraubbolzentatigkeit ein Weltkategorienentwurf, der noch aushalt, dennoch heute ist!

Wie nach ihren Autos, die errichtet wurden, um fur immer zu laufen und mit einem Autobahn fur eine Testschiene, konnte wer um mehr bitten?:cool::cool: I grew up with a German housekeeper, worked as a live-in in Cinci for my Grandmother Edith- Frau Hilda Stupphnagel-- and so I aced HS German--Milwaukee, WI and Cinci OH- two large cities with high % of Germans, still kept teaching German in the schools in spite of the WWI and Lusitania affair- Ach Klaven!!-

I also agree with the late Jack O'Connor- in that many German shotguns are amorphous (bulky) and over done with carved leaping stags and cheekpieces-- But as to the great K98 rifle designed by Peter Paul Mauser that action is still considered to be worldclass in its design--

And as for the Autos, well when we consider that Germany has the Autobahn for its test track, well who could ask for anything better??:bigbye: