PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Trap Forend on 12 DHE gun....

Paul D Narlesky
09-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Hello All, I need suggestions on how to remove the forend on the gun I mentioned above. Anty ideas ?The forend seems to really be stuck ! Is it just hard to move because the spring is extra strong on the big Trap forend ? Has it just gotten stuck because of non regular routine cleaning over the years. It appears to a factory model by looks. I of course want to see the lug underneath and water table and all that stuff. Thanks in advance Best,Paul

Ed Blake
09-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Sometimes they can be stubborn. When you pull the latch down, grab the front of the forend wood and pull too. I'm probably stating the obvious, but the splinter f/e comes off easily just by pulling the latch, not so sometimes with the trap f/e.

Dave Suponski
09-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I wonder if the wood has shrunk a bit on the beavertail and it is tight on the barrels? Or is this just a dumb idea?

Paul D Narlesky
09-02-2009, 11:42 PM
I am now ready to proceed I will be heavy on the wallet going into inspection. If all proceeds as planned I will come home much lighter in the wallet and gun in crook of my arm. Report will follow in a few days.....Best,Paul