PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Cystic Fibrosis

Bruce Day
08-29-2009, 06:11 PM
We do a little charity shoot out here. Because shooting is big out here, there is interest in it and PArker people participate. I know other cystic fibrosis chapters are looking to duplicate this event in their home chapters. Its a lot of fun, makes you feel good and its for a good cause. I know of several PGCA members whose families are affected by cystic fibrosis. We have a dinner and clays shoot. Tommy Watson the golfer is a good shooter and lends his name. I've shot with Tom before. We netted $60,000 in a day's shooting and an evening barbeque dinner with a little western guitar picking and singing group. One of the fellows bought a preserve pheasant hunt out in central Kansas where they take out a youth with CF for some hunting. My friend B C Kinsey, whom some of you know, has Cabelas film that for their TV series. Some of you may have seen that in the past and this is where it starts.

Photo 1 We gather in the parking lot to brief safety procedures.

2. The Kansas State University shooting team helps out.

3. My friend Rick Rew, a PGCA member, on the left in the cart.

4. My friend Gus Bader shooting and dusting the target. Gus is the US importer of FAMARS and other shotguns and is also a friend of another friend, Art Wheaton. Gus makes trips to Italy, speaks Italian, and personally knows the Fausti sisters. I think I will ask for autographed pictures from them.

5. A rack of guns including my little mini Parker.

If a person has interest in this, its been successful for us and maybe also for your local chapter. We get press coverage and make the evening news and it helps to put gun shooting in a good light.