PDA

View Full Version : New Parker Repro Owner

Todd Schrock
05-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Hello everyone ! Glad to be a part of this web site and finally owning a Parker ! After too many years of looking and dreaming I just purchased a Parker Reproduction DHE 28 ga. on a 00 frame, English stock, DT, SF, 26" bbl & 28" bbl set. The wood on this one has fantastic figure and was worth the search.
I would love to find a beavertail forearm or have one made to go with this set but I haven't had any luck. I gave up on finding a 28 ga. w/ 28" bbls that had a beavertail forearm and knockout wood so I ended up with one that had a splinter forearm. No regrets though, it is a beautiful gun!
I am also looking for an owners manual, brochure, snap caps, oil bottle and cleaning kit. Any suggestions are welcome.

John Dunkle
05-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi Todd..!!!

First of all - WELCOME to the PGCA forum..!!

:cheers:

Secondly.....
.. (snipperoo...)Any suggestions are welcome.
You bet..! Two things.. Pictures of the wood and Parker would be great!! ;)

Also - let me move this for you into the Reproduction Forum - where a few more will probably notice your post..?? :D

Best to you!

John

Todd Schrock
05-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks John. I will take some pics and post them soon.
O

Dean Romig
05-06-2011, 02:06 PM
A wonderful and desirable Repro. Can't wait to see pics.

Todd Schrock
05-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Here are some pics of my 28 ga. Enjoy! :)

John Dunkle
05-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Oh..... My......

Outstanding!

:cheers:

John

Jeff O'Neill
05-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Congratulations on your new gun; I'm proud to say that I own its near twin.

You can find many of the accessories you're seeking at Jeff's Outfitters in Cape Girardeau, MO.

Good luck and shoot that baby soon!

Paul Ehlers
05-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Very Nice!!!

Come on you can't stop there, what does the other side of the wood look like???

Dean Romig
05-06-2011, 10:19 PM
A man would be hard pressed to find a nicer one than that. Congratulations!

Todd Schrock
05-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Paul, both sides of the stock are of equal figure, a mirror image.

Tony Guccioni
05-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Nice find.
I wonder if a stock such as yours, with figure matched on both sides, would be technically classed as exhibition.

Todd ... Did you always want a straight grip to go with your preferred choice of a BTFE ?

Paul Ehlers
05-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Paul, both sides of the stock are of equal figure, a mirror image.

I was hoping you would say this! How about some pictures of the off side of the stock.

I had a two barrel 28ga set with a English grip, beavertail & double triggers that I shot lights out. I sure wish I had that one back!!

Pictures, please more pictures!!!

Paul

Chuck Heald
05-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Nice gun, Todd.

The beavertail forend guns came with a different forend iron that was a little longer and had a long screw from the tip of the forend wood to the front tip of the forend iron, which anchored the wood so the recoil forces trying to pull the wood off the iron were mitigated.

Still, I'm sure many BT forends have been put on splinter type iron. You might contact Brad Bachelder of Grand Rapids, Michigan. www.bacheldermastergunmakers.com

Greg Baehman
05-08-2011, 12:57 PM
The beavertail forend guns came with a different forend iron that was a little longer and had a long screw from the tip of the forend wood to the front tip of the forend iron, which anchored the wood so the recoil forces trying to pull the wood off the iron were mitigated.
Were Repros with BT forends equipped with this long reinforcing screw through the tip of the forend, too?

Dean Romig
05-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Yes they were, exactly like the originals they copied.

Todd Schrock
05-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the info Chuck.

Pat Dugan
05-10-2011, 03:00 PM
A friend had a spare Beavertail forend that had a piece broken off when new and sent it back to the company and they replaced it with a new one and sent the old one back to him. I got that one from him and mounted it on the splinter iron and it works fine. If you want Beavertail wood get someone to make one and mount it on the splinter iron. I have been looking for Beavertail iron for 6 years with no luck.

PDD

Todd Schrock
05-10-2011, 03:01 PM
More pics as requested.......

Joe Bernfeld
05-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Beautiful wood, Todd. Be careful; I have a 28 ga Repro. with a lot of figure in the wrist, that I broke in 2 when I fell down a few years ago. Fortunately it was fixable.

Richard Flanders
05-13-2011, 11:27 AM
You did well Todd; they don't come any nicer than that. I sold one just like it but with a beavertail a couple of yrs back. Wood wasn't even close to that though.

Paul Ehlers
05-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the pictures! That is a really nice one!

Paul

Todd Schrock
05-14-2011, 02:11 AM
Thanks for all of the kind words.

FYI - I spoke with Bachelder about making a BFE and he can make one on the splinter forend iron(includes wood to match & checkering) for $1000.00. Time frame would be 6-8 months.
Also, Del Greco said he could do the same but the price would start at $1000.00.

Bill Murphy
05-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Where are Bishop and Fajen when you need them??

Kenny Graft
05-16-2011, 06:15 AM
This would be O.K. set up but not cost effective due the fact that forend iron is not the same and conversion will never be correct. Better to sell your gun and buy the one you really want. I think it would cost no more than 1000.00 to upgrade....maybe less. I see several guns listed at this time with BTFE single or double triggers...mutch better move in the end.....just my take on the matter...thanks all SXS ohio....(-: I love the 410 and 28 gauge beaver tail guns....the beavertail is just the right size for the gun....them 410 barrels really get hot when shooting clays or anytime 6 rounds are fired rather quikely....

Bill Murphy
05-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Seems like I have seen one of the beavertail .410s somewhere. Kenny, do you own one of these? They were never pictured in a catalog as far as I can recall.

Kenny Graft
05-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Of my 3 sets of repro 410/28-DHE guns only one has BTF option, my three barrel set has two beaver tails...one for the 410 barrels and one for the 28 gauge barrels. My two other sets have splinter forends for all the barrels. All the original repro 410 barrel sets had their own for-ends shiped from the factory.... Three sets of stand alone 410 barrels have serfaced with no forends and sold..??? I did not see the barrels. I think one of these barrel sets is listed on guns intl. at this time. A 410/28 set. The forend from the 28gauge barrels will snap on and work....but will have a noticable space that the 410 barrels do not fill...thanks all SXS ohio...(-: