PDA

View Full Version : look for any data you could have ?

Marc St-Cyr
05-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Hello

I was looking to get reloading data component with powder wad .filler wads and used a overshot card + rooll crimp 7/12 to 9 shot lead shot 1oz to 1/18

Thanks for your help
Marc St-Cyr .

Bill Murphy
05-04-2011, 05:41 PM
The powder companies have websites where data is published. Pick a powder company and go on the site. Alliant, Hodgdon, IMR, and Winchester are companies that are involved in the manufacture of shotgun powders in the U.S.

charlie cleveland
05-04-2011, 10:05 PM
thats some good info bill...sometimes even i faiul to remember to look to the powder companiies for info....charlie

Marc St-Cyr
05-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Bill, Charley
Thanks for your reply but I all visite as you mention winchester in some other because I will like to realod with hold style component i find no data with those, nitro cart , filler wad , so if you find some think let me now
Thanks again
Marc St-Cyr

Mark Ouellette
05-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Hi Marc,

In the litigious society of these United States people are naturally reluctant to provide reloading data to strangers on a public forum. I’ve even had PGCA members ask me to reload for them low pressure shells. My reply was to come to my home and WE would load their shells together. Why? I cannot control how ammunition which I reload is used. It’s much better if I help them load their ammo!

Below are links to reloading data from many manufactures which provide detailed loading data for their powders.

Please ensure that you follow the data exactly because substituting primers, wads, hulls, and/or especially powder can RAISE pressure dramatically!

What I will share with you is that my working (everyday) 12 gauge load is 7/8 oz hard lead shot, Cheddite primer (because they produce lower pressure loads than others), Claybuster 0178 wads (because they are inexpensive), WW AA hulls (because they are easy to load and last for several reloadings), and Solo 1000 powder (once again, because it is inexpensive). My loads are 1200 FPS at 6000 PSI with the listed components and the weight of powder that is listed in Accurate Power's reloading data.

Notice that I did not tell you how much powder to use? That’s because it is something that YOU must do for yourself.

If you download the loading date chart from Accurate Powder and keep it next to you loader you will be able to SAFELY reload low pressure shotgun shells.

http://www.federalpremium.com/pdf/FP294_ShotshellReloadingData.pdf

http://data.hodgdon.com/shotshell_load.asp

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/default.aspx

http://www.accuratepowder.com/load-data/

Mark

Harry Collins
05-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Marc,

www.ballisticproducts.com has information on loading plastic hulls with fiber wads and rolled crimps. I'm not at home to look up spacifics, however if you telephone them they will tell you what manual to order. I have it, but the pressures are a little high for me to be comfortable shooting through Damascus and Twist barreled Parkers.

Harry

Marc St-Cyr
05-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Hi Marc,

In the litigious society of these United States people are naturally reluctant to provide reloading data to strangers on a public forum. I’ve even had PGCA members ask me to reload for them low pressure shells. My reply was to come to my home and WE would load their shells together. Why? I cannot control how ammunition which I reload is used. It’s much better if I help them load their ammo!

Below are links to reloading data from many manufactures which provide detailed loading data for their powders.

Please ensure that you follow the data exactly because substituting primers, wads, hulls, and/or especially powder can RAISE pressure dramatically!

What I will share with you is that my working (everyday) 12 gauge load is 7/8 oz hard lead shot, Cheddite primer (because they produce lower pressure loads than others), Claybuster 0178 wads (because they are inexpensive), WW AA hulls (because they are easy to load and last for several reloadings), and Solo 1000 powder (once again, because it is inexpensive). My loads are 1200 FPS at 6000 PSI with the listed components and the weight of powder that is listed in Accurate Power's reloading data.

Notice that I did not tell you how much powder to use? That’s because it is something that YOU must do for yourself.

If you download the loading date chart from Accurate Powder and keep it next to you loader you will be able to SAFELY reload low pressure shotgun shells.

http://www.federalpremium.com/pdf/FP294_ShotshellReloadingData.pdf

http://data.hodgdon.com/shotshell_load.asp

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/default.aspx

http://www.accuratepowder.com/load-data/

Mark

Hello Mark !

Thank you to take the time to reply relu appreciate I will study all those link you send and give , I also find some document from Ballistic Product I will like to share whit you those document but i was looking a way to send those document to you i will try i ad 3 document pdf if it not working let me now we will find a other solution .
Tell me you have a french family name Ouelette are you coming from Québec Canada ?
Take care
Marc

Marc St-Cyr
05-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Hello Harry !
Thank to you I all ready contact Ballistic they alle send me some PDF document if you are interested to get those type of PDF document lest me no it will be my pleasure to send those to you i am happy + rely surprise whit all of you reply at my question
Again Thank to all of you

Mark Ouellette
05-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Marc,

No sir, I hail from Pennsylvania and come to this forum via Parris Island, Quantico, and lot of all-expense trips to the worst places one can imagine!

My father and his family came from northern Maine with lots of relatives in New Brunswick.

Respectfully,
Mark

Marc St-Cyr
05-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Mark

I send to you some data do you received ?

Marc St-Cyr

Paul Harm
05-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Mark, I believe you could substitute fiber wads and roll crimp with no problems - the pressures will just go down. In old reloading books they suggested going down 10% of the powder charge when going from fiber to plastic wads. I've loaded with fiber wads and roll crimps instead of plastic and star crimps useing the same powder charge with no problems. It's easier to roll crimp if you cut off the star crimp [ about 1/4" ] - you'll then have a nice 2 1/2" shell. Paul

Marc St-Cyr
05-11-2011, 07:09 PM
hello Paul
Thanks , fist time i got this type of information rely help I will try
I all ready crimp with the fiocchi hull some i cut at 2 1/2 and some i all ready keep at 2 3/4
Ballistic Product give me good information + they send some data to , but they never give me they information you just give Again rely appreciate your reply
Take care Marc

Paul Harm
05-12-2011, 05:28 PM
I reload low pressure 7/8oz loads and use 700X with plastic wads, about 15.2grs. For 1 to 1 1/8oz loads I'd use Accurate powder's Solo 1250 for a low pressure load. 20.5 to 21grs would work with paper wads. With plastic wads the pressures are 7200 and lower, so with paper wads you'd have even less. Paul

Marc St-Cyr
05-14-2011, 04:26 PM
I reload low pressure 7/8oz loads and use 700X with plastic wads, about 15.2grs. For 1 to 1 1/8oz loads I'd use Accurate powder's Solo 1250 for a low pressure load. 20.5 to 21grs would work with paper wads. With plastic wads the pressures are 7200 and lower, so with paper wads you'd have even less. Paul

Hello Paul

Thank for the reply + the time you take to all my question + the exemple you send , it rely appreciate, As regard the powder I think the solo 1250 powder is not available any more not shore need to verify ?

Bye
Marc.

Bill Murphy
05-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Marc, as some posters say, there should be no bad results from using plastic wad loading data to load with card and fiber wads except a nominal lowering of pressure levels. Make sure your card wad is a good tight fit in your shell or you will get some blowby. A plastic shell may be a little big for common card wads of the same gauge. Circle Fly Wads in Pennsylvania will sell you larger card wads if yours are too small for your plastic shells. They may also give you some loading information.

Paul Harm
05-16-2011, 09:46 AM
To add to Bill's reply - Craig at circle fly will help if you tell him what you're wanting to do with what shells - go to WWW.circlefly.com - good luck - Paul