PDA

View Full Version : Ithaca Super 10's

Patrick Lien
04-16-2011, 11:51 PM
I few weeks ago we had a double gun shoot at my house. There were Parkers, Smiths, Fox's in the mix but we eventually settled the score with these two Ithaca NID super 10's. I was confident going in but came up short...again. I came closer this time as he does not see as well as he once did and he is just a bit slower than the last time. But when they are far away he just does not miss. I think I will get him next time.:):)

scott kittredge
04-17-2011, 07:12 AM
i have an NID short 10 that shoot VERY tight 1 1/8 th 7 1/2 at 99% in the 30 in pattern. :shock: let use know how you make out next time. scott

charlie cleveland
04-17-2011, 02:03 PM
al ways wanted one of those super 10s but looking is pretty good...nice gun were you shooting the heavy stuff at those targets... charlie

David Lien
04-17-2011, 03:27 PM
al ways wanted one of those super 10s but looking is pretty good...nice gun were you shooting the heavy stuff at those targets... charlie

Charlie
Only when one shooter needs to cheat :whistle:

Craig Larter
04-17-2011, 05:04 PM
I have been looking for a nice Super Ten forever. I know of a couple of nice ones in collections but one has never surfaced for me. That straight grip field grade is very nice WOW! Maybe the gun gods will smile upon me soon, I would look so good with a Super Ten!!

Dean Romig
04-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Those are some fine looking Ithaca's

Mark Ouellette
04-18-2011, 06:41 AM
Nice Ithicas!

All else being equal, a larger bore should produce a better pattern than a smaller bore. I perfer the 2 7/8" short ten with 1 1/8 oz for targets and 1 3/8 oz for waterfowl. With very well used Parkers I have scored on game and targets far better than I should have!

PS: I do however have a Beretta Silver Hawk 10 gauge magmun on the way... Hey! The price was too good and I figure with that my century+ old Parker tens would like to have an Italian lady have their age trapped in the same safe :)