PDA

View Full Version : Repros in repose...

Greg Baehman
08-21-2009, 06:40 PM
2-28's, a 20 and a 12...

John Dunkle
08-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi Greg!

I am still in awe of the wood on many of the Repro's... Simply wonderful (being a wood guy and all ;) )..

Thanks for posting that pic!!!

John

Kenny Graft
08-22-2009, 08:00 PM
I see one of the triggers have fallen out of your pistol grip repro? I see at least two types of wood in those pictures. Can you name the wood types? thanks, Kenny Graft SXS ohio

Greg Baehman
08-22-2009, 09:49 PM
You're right Kenny, one of the triggers is indeed missing, I've been looking for it ever since acquiring the gun! Even though it has only half-enough triggers the lone trigger has never failed. Not all Parker Repros with single triggers have problems!:cheers:

Although each of these stocks have their own characteristics, I believe all are Claro. I've previously posted the pic below of my Po' Man's Parker 28/.410 set (a 28 ga. 2-bbl.set with a set of 28-.410 Chambermates), but include it here to show another very unique piece of Claro. An old "wood guy" told me this particular grain pattern is called "Quilted Claro", the checkerboard look changes when you view the wood from different angles--the darker areas turn lighter and the lighter areas turn darker.

Kenny Graft
08-23-2009, 09:49 AM
I like that wood patern, must not be very many like it. That is IMHO the best set up...pistol grip/DT. I have a full set 410-12 that all fit great and shoot even better. Demand for these guns is picking up steam, and the hot ones are fewer and fewer. Im still wanting a 12ga. SSS or sporting clays PG-DT and a 20ga. DT-BTF....few of them come up for sale...or should say never come up for sale? Im waiting......(-: thats the enjoyment of collecting, looking under every rock.