PDA

View Full Version : Reproduction Color Case

Brad Bachelder
08-21-2009, 04:43 PM
We have had a few members ask about bone charcoal on Parker Reproductions. Here is a recent DHE Repro re-case and wood upgrade. Does anyone recognize the checkering pattern?

Dean Romig
08-21-2009, 04:50 PM
It looks like A1S pattern from here.
What a fabulous piece of wood, please show us the entire stock.

Ken Descovich
08-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Beautiful job!

Ken

Bill Murphy
08-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Who did the work on that gun?

John Dunkle
08-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Those pictures, that stock, that wood - in a word? STUNNING!!! I'm with Bill - who did that work (if you don't mind posting that info?)..

Simply amazing.... As well - I have to ask..

How does she shoot??

John

Bruce Day
08-22-2009, 03:43 PM
From what I saw at the U P Shoot, I suspect that's Bachelder's recent work, at least on the case colors. I did not see his wood work.

Channing Will
08-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the comments guys! Bruce, youre correct on who did the work. Brad did the entire restock and checkering. The customer actually wanted the checkering to look like the fake czars gun, minus the gold wire, but Dean is correct its about an A1 pattern. We also ran the color case, as well as a little of barrel touch up. We were a bit rushed on the picture taking because we had to get the gun back to an anxious dove hunter in Texas. Ill try to find some good pictures of the buttstock on Monday. Thanks again,

Channing Will

Francis Morin
08-23-2009, 10:34 AM
I was in his shop this past Thursday- he has my "project" GHE 12 just about ready. He showed me this "upgraded Repro" and it is indeed "Stunning". I can only comment about Brad's craftsmanship, as I have known him as a friend and my gunsmith for nearly 25 years. So I say this without having seen any of the Del Grego or Turnbull Parkers, whether Meriden, Ilion or the Repros.

Brad had some insight into the the coloring process on the Repros, which he explained to me in detail, but I would prefer to let him discuss that if he wished to on this Forum. I would recommend Brad Bachelder to anyone who wants first class workmanship on any fine gun, doubles, over-under, rifles, handguns- his workmanship is truly "Master Class"!!:bowdown:

Brad Bachelder
08-24-2009, 01:22 PM
It looks like A1S pattern from here.
What a fabulous piece of wood, please show us the entire stock.

Dean,

Here is a shot of the stock. Hope you like it!

Dean Romig
08-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Yes indeed, I like it quite a lot! Reddish marble cake with fiddleback looks so much like an original high grade Parker stock - if we didn't know better it could easily be mistaken. Thanks Brad.

Francis Morin
08-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Dean- I wonder if the Alkanet root the English gun makers were rumoured to have used is still in use today- that is a spectacular piece of wood. Brad told me that his customer wanted a English style checkered buttstock, and not the Skeleton Steel that was a Parker Hallmark. :bigbye:

allen newell
03-08-2021, 03:54 PM
Brad was indeed a master in his class.

Tom Jay
03-11-2021, 08:38 PM
Wonder since Brad’s passing if the bone case color process is as good now as when Brad did it?