PDA

View Full Version : S/N 1500

Phillip Carr
04-01-2011, 11:35 PM
I own serial number 1500. Is there really any significance in the SN? I show that S/N 1500 is the beginning serial number in book 1b. That said I think this is just a ball park number used, as no letter is available. I plan on selling this gun as well as a few others to help finance my two daughters last year :) in nursing school and just looking for some information.

Thanks Phil

william faulk
04-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Phil,
Can't help you on your gun question but can relate to the kids in school finance.
Been there,done that.Had three in school all at one time.
Was forced to sell some fine,fine Winchesters to get the finances.
However,it was worth it,now I am helping put the Grandkids through.
But..not selling any guns this round..
Bill:cheers:

Phillip Carr
04-02-2011, 12:37 AM
I knew I was not the only one in this boat. Oldest daughter that is 31 went back to school to become an RN. Youngest daughter will finish up her 4 year degree and will graduate May 16. Was excepted into the accelerated Nursing program at NAU and starts that study 2 days later. She had an academic scholarship and a soccer scholarship for the last 4 years so I cannot complain.
Reality has set in looks like a 30+ thousand dollar year. Thank god we can help them along. Very proud of them and will do what it takes, after all I have been the caretaker of some really fine guns for the last few years, and will still have enough when it all settles down and they graduate. Kept telling my wife my guns were an investment. ( Anyone else done this) :) . Need to " Sell a few Investments". Plan on retiring next year and dedicating myself to my new business. So lots of adventure ahead

Jerry Andrews
04-03-2011, 08:18 AM
I also had three in college at once. One is now an attorney, one a nurse BSN degree and one an accountant. College was just expensive, high school was brutal. I can remember many nights thinking I'm in a sea of estrogen of which I cannot escape! I love my girls however, all 4 of them, wife included. They all 4 fly fish with me and shoot with me so I'm a pretty lucky guy. Jerry

Brian Lawson
05-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Same here. One girl out of college and now engaged to an Army Ranger. The second girl has graduated from cosmetology school. Can identify with estrogen. Me and the lab spend a lot of time in my boat shop.

Phillip Carr
05-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Well I got a start on the college fund sold my 20 gauge VHE on Sunday. A few more Parkers and LC Smiths and the college fund should be funded.