PDA

View Full Version : New Guy, Old Parker, Cracked Stock

Greg Larson
03-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Hello all, I'm glad to have found this organization. I own an heirloom (aren't they all) D Model Parker side by side and have found that the stock is cracked, but not too badly. Is it appropriate to ask if anyone would recommend a quality gun smith who is accustomed to Parker's and could glue it for me (hopefully in Minnesota)?
If so, who would that be? The gun has been stored in a sheep skin case for many years and appears to be in very good condition. Thank you so much. Greg

Robin Lewis
03-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi Greg,

Welcome aboard!

I'll take a long shot and assume that the stock needs repair in the wrist area? If so I strongly recomment that you read this forum link; http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=517&highlight=staple

After you read it you will understand my next comment, if you find someone to work on your stock and they plan to drill a hole in the wrist and glue in a dowel, don't let them. Find someone that will work the way the link explains.

Greg Larson
03-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Thank's Robin for the quick reply. I do appreciate it. Greg

Richard Flanders
04-28-2011, 12:18 AM
Greg: where are the 'before' pictures of your Parker??? We love pictures.

Greg Larson
05-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Hello Richard, sorry for the long delay. We were out of town. I didn't take a before picture because I never thought of it. Plus, the crack was not visible unless I torqued the stock to open it. I'll try to post an "after" picture. Say, what type of airplane is in your picture? Is it an Aeronca? Best to you, Greg