PDA

View Full Version : Parker collection

William Stevenson
03-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Twenty years ago I bought a Reproduction in 20 ga, IC & mod, SST with an English stock and a splinter forend. I've shot Quail, Woodcock, Dove and even Ducks with it. Ten years ago I felt the need of a side by side specifically for Ducks so I started looking for a 12 ga Repro. I found a Steel Shot Special with Briley thinwall chokes, SST, English stock, and Beavertail forend. Fell in love with this gun too. I then had the Idea of having all gauges in the DHE line with similar specs. A couple of years later I bought a 28 with cylinder and IC chokes, SST, English stock and splinter forend. Last year I was fortunate to find two,.410/28 sets in a package deal, same specs as the other guns. Just last week I finally completed my "set". I bought a 16/20 set with the 16 ga Krieghoff barrels. I've lined them up by gauge in the gun case and really feel fortunate to be the caretaker of such fine shooting works of art. Bill

Greg Baehman
03-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Congratulations!

Now all you need to round out your collection are the B-Grades and A1-Specials! :duck:

Paul Ehlers
03-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Congrat's Bill !

You didn't by chance get your 16/20 from Mark Reynolds did you? I was in his shop last week and he said it had sold!

William Stevenson
03-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Don't know if I could make myself shoot a lineup of B models and A1 Specials. Most of those are probably still NIB and priced accordingly. I'm fortunate enough to have a place to shoot/hunt all of my guns, Parkers included. I bought the 16/20 from Paul Crosnoe, Crosnoe's Gun Shop. He has a good inventory of quality guns on the Internet. Bill

Paul Ehlers
03-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Bill,
Your gun from Crosnoe was probably the best deal on an original 16/20 in a long time.

I am curious if I may ask; How are the 20ga barrels marked for choking? Have you measured the choke constrictions to see if they match the markings?

William Stevenson
03-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Paul, the 20ga barrel is marked Cylinder/Improved Cylinder. I've not been able to check them, my choke gauges are at the ranch. I will check the chokes and shoot a few skeet clays when I go later in the week. I'm sure this set and I will get along well. It was a good deal, I think the gun's condition is better than described and shown in the photos. Thanks, Bill

Dave Fuller
03-31-2011, 12:31 AM
Congrats I love my repro.s. Still looking for the right 28ga.

William Stevenson
04-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Paul, I finally got a chance to check the chokes on the 16/20 set. as I mentioned before, the 20 barrel is marked CYL/IMPCYL and that is what the gauge says too. The 16 barrel is marked IC/MOD and measures CYL/IMPMOD, I've noticed that before in German guns, one wide open and one pretty tight. I don't have a gauge that gives numerical values. Bill

William Stevenson
04-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Dave, what configuration 28 are you looking for? Bill

Paul Ehlers
04-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Bill,
Thanks for the information!

I hope you have many great days with it!!

Paul