PDA

View Full Version : Gun Broker 28ga Two Barrel Set

Matt Buckley
03-19-2011, 08:28 AM
I have a friend who just purchased the other day a 28 ga repro 2 barrel set with case for $5500. The gun is pistol grip, sst, and has the 28" and 26" barrels. It was under $4000 till the end of the auction and then he was bidding against a dealer I'm sure looking to resell. It seems the market is a little soft on these considering most dealers are asking $7500 for the 2 barrel sets.

Bob Jurewicz
03-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Matt,
I watched that auction as well. It seems prices are currently way down. The selling price, I believe, was a great bargain! Not long ago a single barrels 28 would go for the price of this 2 barrel set. Economy will get better and prices will go up!!! Now's the time to buy: if you have the $$$!!!!!!!!
Bob Jurewicz

Bill Murphy
03-19-2011, 06:16 PM
If you don't own one now, now could be your last chance. If they go any lower, the present owners will start buying them. At five grand, I would buy another. I paid $2895 for my first set with beavertail forend. Five grand is an outrageous low price for a gun like that.

Bill Anderson
03-19-2011, 07:23 PM
I visit Gunbroker more than often and 28 gauge two barrel sets selling under $5600 has occurred more than four times since late fall. Here is one just 10 days ago:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=218557418

Two others sold at or near $5000 in Nov. or early Dec. They haven't been sold near $7500 for as long as I have been watching the auctions.

Bill

Kenny Graft
03-19-2011, 08:18 PM
The run of the mill repro's are soft....the scarce ones are still doing good or just not being sold. At any rate its a very good market for buyers. These guns could not be made for double or tripple the price they are selling for on the used market right now. They are a real value!, are of hi quality and sound investment. thanks all SXS ohio...(-: