PDA

View Full Version : what gun is the best in the doubles...

charlie cleveland
03-13-2011, 02:12 PM
what im referring too here is i own and have shot stevens lefevers colts itacas lc smiths remingtons wc claybroughs and sons and parkers and several other brands...of all these guns that ive shot in differant gauges at targets and patterened on paper i would have to choose a lc smith 10 ga..it is a 00 grade with extra full chokes...it patterns on paper better than any double gun ive ever shot or owned...only thing i cant under stand is that im using gauge mates in 12 ga and using the 3 inchremington nitro shell wih the 1 7/8 lead load in no 5 shot....this is my best shooter on paper that i have in a double....i hate too admit it but it will out shoot my belved 8 gauges with no 5 shot...but the 8 gauges do come into there being superior with large shot....what has been your gun for having the tightiest pattern on paper... all of us like to think that my gun will outshoot the next fellows..so my gun is the 10 ga lc smith what gun do you have that will out shoot mine.... charlie

scott kittredge
03-13-2011, 03:47 PM
well , here we go . i have a 1928 ithaca NID 10 ga. 32 in. .035 choke that shoots 99.6 % with 1 1/8th oz 7 1/2 shot at 40 yds :shock: scott

E Robert Fabian
03-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Soooo what your saying is no excuses for letting one hit the ground when your on the 27 yrd. line.

scott kittredge
03-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Soooo what your saying is no excuses for letting one hit the ground when your on the 27 yrd. line.

well you know, there is well, ummm, they are not to big,umm ,there is the wind, yea the wind to think about, and oh yea, they are moving too, yea moving and fast too, really fast!! can some one help me out here? other than that i should hit them all:rotf: scott

charlie cleveland
03-13-2011, 06:51 PM
scott there probably only one gun in a thousand that will shoot that good of a pattern.. glad you have one would be interesting to know who has the shootnest gun out there...maybe theres somebody else out there with a tight patterning gun... charlie

David Long
03-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Winchester 21 20 ga