PDA

View Full Version : What is it

mark hennekey
03-06-2011, 12:52 PM
I have a old double hammer Parker. I can't find any numbers on it other than the number 63 stamped on the bottom of the barrels and a what looks like vw. It it also has the words laminated steel on the rib between the barrels. Its in rough shape and would like to know how to clean it up with out hurting it. it is also missing a hammer.there is no bluing on the gun it is brown, probably rust! Its probably just a wall hanger?

John Dallas
03-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Mark - Can you take some clear, up close pix and post them here? Include the water table (The flat part of the receiver that the breech end of the barrels rest on) and the underside of the breech ends of the barrels. The marks on those surfaces will tell us a lot about what you've got. To post pix, go to the FAQ section and type in "Post Pictures" and you will get an explanation so simple that I was able to follow it.
Good luck

Jeff Kuss
03-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Does it say Parker or Parker Bros?

mark hennekey
03-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Does it say Parker or Parker Bros?

It says parker

Robin Lewis
03-06-2011, 02:07 PM
There are other shotguns with the name Parker on them. For the most part they were affordable utility shotguns of their day. Most were well used and will appear in poor condition today. Your shotgun is not a Parker Bros. shotgun if it is marked by any of these makers from the U.S. or Belgian:

C. Parker & Co (Belgian)
E.D. Parker (Belgian)
Field Parker & Son. E. D. Parker (Belgian)
Parker-Smith-Williams
Parker Trap Gun
T. Parker (Belgian)
T. Parker New York (Crescent Fire Arms)
Thomas Parker
W.Parker New Pin Fire

mark hennekey
03-06-2011, 02:23 PM
I do not find any of the markings you listed on the gun