PDA

View Full Version : There are still some deals to be had

Gary Carmichael Sr
03-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Well I just pulled in to Panama City Fla yesterday and a gentleman came up and started talking after I parked the motor home, He noticed my Parker tee shirt and said, you know I had never heard of Parker guns untill the other day I had a gun I bought in 1964, and put it in closet in the garage, just happen to find it while a friend and were looking for some old tools. He said it was a hammer gun" he actually said an old rabbit ear gun" and he said he looked on the barrels and it said Parker Bros. The friend ask how much he wanted for it and he sold it! Said the barrels said damascus were very shinny inside. I ask if the stock was broken or any dents anywhere he said actually the wood was very pretty with no dents any where he did not know what gauge it was. He told me he loaned a man 10.00 dollars for it back then, he sold the gunfor 350.00 I am sure a good return for him on his ten dollar investment. but a heck of a deal for that friend! I wonder what gauge it was never know! Gary

King Brown
03-03-2011, 10:08 AM
There'll be lots more good deals. Serious unemployment is forecast for years to come. Not that I would want to be a beneficiary of another's misfortune. I'm grateful the itch is gone.

charlie cleveland
03-03-2011, 10:11 AM
would like to have been the buyer....lucky fellow.... i once was talking with a fellow who said he had a parker 28 ga. wanted a 1000.00 for it ..i never went and checked on that gun because i thoughtit would be another case of it turned out to be something else rather than a parker 28 ga.... met up with this same fellow at a gun show a year later a gun dealer from tennesse was paying the man for his gun at the 1 k price he had offered it to me....i fooowed the dealer to his table and looked the gun over good...it was a parker brothers 28 ga vh grade double triggers extractors...had about 40 percent case colors...was truly a nice shooting piece and well worth the 1 k price...i asked the dealer what he wanted for it he said 5000.00 was a good buy even at that price but atlas it was out of my price range....but for me a lesson well learned ..follow all leads on parker guns and i wound up with a good storey how i could almost had a parker 28 ga.... charlie

Gary Carmichael Sr
03-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Charlie you are right you must follow every lead, Clearly this was a case of someone not knowing what they had, but as said before both parties made out alright.