PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Stephen Hodges
02-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi, just joined the PGCA, as I have recently become interested in purchasing a 16 Gauge Parker. I do have two Winchester 21's, both 1948 guns, one in 16 and anoter in 20 ga along with my Dads 1912 Ithaca Featherweight Flues 16 gauge gun. Hope to gain knowledge on Parkers and make my first purchase, Steve in NH

Dave Suponski
02-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Stephen, Welcome! We have some great guys up in your neck of the woods. Stick around there is a lot to learn here and some fun to be had......:)

Dean Romig
02-27-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi Stephen. A New Hampshire member and I just spent last Saturday chasing snow bunnies up in the "Thirteen Mile Woods" in Arctic-like conditions. Are you that far North in NH?

Stephen Hodges
02-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Raised and Live in the Lakes Region, but have a camp on Indian Stream Road in Pittsburg 13 miles in..............hunt grouse, deer, rabbits and anything else we can from camp! Were about one mile from the canadian border.......know the "north country" well. Did you visit LL Cote's when up in errol?

Dean Romig
02-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Stephen, we didn't get to Cote's this time but I've been there before.... quite a store!!
I've hunted grouse and fished for trout and landlocks in the Pittsburg area around the Connecticut Lakes and right to the border. I run my GMC 4X4 with a Lance camper on it when I'm up there.... perhaps you've seen me?? (:rotf: I know... so does everybody else)

Dave Suponski
02-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Stephen,I also have spent a few seasons up there chasing Pa'tridge in the "Great North Woods". I hunted out of Lopstick Outfitters. We also hunted right up to the boarder. They were a first class outfitter and at the time the bird populations were very good. Great memories....

My son and I used to go to Loudon for the NASCAR races every year in June and we stayed in Weirs Beach. Lotta fun!

Stephen Hodges
02-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Grouse and woodcock have been very good in the north woods the past two years. We'll see what this spring brings. Heck, we have even seen some Turkeys (the bird variety that is) by Camp, but I am sure they were lost!! The folks at Lopstick are nice. They won the NH lottery some years back but have kept the camps. Loudon has two big races now, one in July and the other in Septmenber. Very good for the economy here. I live in Gilford, about five miles from the Weirs, a place we all avoid in the summer months!

Frank Cronin
02-27-2011, 08:55 AM
We go up to Indian Stream for deer hunting season and stay at Spruce Cove Cabins. After the day in the field we'll hang out with Gary in his office (trophy room) in the evening sharing stories. Mostly hear of his latest Safari in Africa.

Last year it seemed a lot less hunters than years past. Also registered deer tallies seemed to be a lot low too. No luck for us last season. I hope that you fared better! Anyhow, welcome to the PGCA and hope you can make it to the the Fun Shoot at Addieville East Farm in RI the weekend of May 14th.

Dave Suponski
02-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Stephen, We went to both races a few years ago but after Nascar took all the real racing out of their program with rule changes we have kinda lost interest. I remember looking around when we were at Weirs and thinking what pain this must be for all the local folks what with all the flat landers hangin around.

Seriously though think about taking Frank's advice and coming to Addieville in May. It is a great time and we have a great group of New England members attending also Robin Hollow Outfitters is right on the premises. They usually have a decent selection of Parkers in the racks.

Stephen Hodges
02-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks guys, I will put that shoot on my calendar. The deer hunting in the north country has suffered the past two years due to some bad winters. Three of us were in camp for 12 days this past november, and saw 23 does, but no bucks. This winter is going better. We were up to camp last weekend riding our snowmobiles, and the snow in town, where the deer yard, is much lower than we have in the Lakes Region. We will just have to see how early it breaks up.

John Dunkle
02-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Hi Stephen!

Welcome aboard..!!! As for me - I'm somewhat familiar with the State of NH... ;)

John