PDA

View Full Version : DOUBLEGUNSHOP

George Lander
08-14-2009, 05:49 PM
What's going on with doublegunshop.com? I can't get their site to come up.

Forget It! It was my d......d AOL that wouldn't bring it up.

George

Robin Lewis
08-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Don't be so fast to blame AOL. I can't get there either and I don't use AOL. It must be off line for some reason ?

John Dunkle
08-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Nope - it's down right now. And you know what? It's just OK. You see - contrary to popular belief, most Gun websites are run by folks just like you and me. For that - "we" (those who run them) take a lot of "stuff" when there is a problem, an issue or an outage.

Ask me how I know. Want to see a thread in this forum about the same? ;)

For that - please be patient for a bit, OK? I'm certain it will be on line in a bit.

And remember - we simply do all this because we can and we do.. And when a site is off-line, or doesn't perform to "user" expectations - we take it to heart, as these forums are "our kids".

So hang tite, OK?? And when it comes back up - just thank the owner/operator for their caring enough to deliver a "community".

Ask me again - how I know...

Best to you,

John

Dean Romig
08-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Okay Smartie - How do you know . . . ?

:duck:

Dean Romig
08-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Foolin' with ya John -

But you knew that :bowdown: Your hard work and dedication is greatly appreciated as well with Jeff and Greg's. :bowdown:

George Lander
08-15-2009, 12:43 AM
John, you are greatly appreciated along with Dave at doublegunshop and also the guys at the Fox, L.C. Smith & Lefever Forums. We wouldn't have all this fun and fellowship if it were not for you. KUDOS ALL AROUND!

George

Robert Rambler
08-15-2009, 07:35 AM
A tip of the hat to the over worked and under paid !

Thanks John! Your efforts ARE appreciated.

George Lander
08-15-2009, 02:29 PM
John, you are greatly appreciated along with Dave at doublegunshop and also the guys at the Fox, L.C. Smith & Lefever Forums. We wouldn't have all this fun and fellowship if it were not for you. KUDOS ALL AROUND!

George
"I never learned anything of Mike's ancestry, but somewhere in it a blooded pointer probably could be found" Archibald Rutledge "Woods and Wild Things I Remember"

John Dunkle
08-15-2009, 02:47 PM
I just wanted to pop back into this thread and say "Thank you" to all of you who posted back.. While it wasn't my intention to garner any kudos - your comments and support are much, much appreciated - and in fact...

These Forums - DoubleGun, PGCA, L.C. Smith, Fox, Lefever, etc. - and all, wouldn't or couldn't exist with all of you. You folks build the "community" on the patch of space we provide, and call the Internet. For that, we just do the best we can to build the roads and pave the streets.

For that - from any and all site owners/admins/mods - we thank all of you for making these communities your community...

John