PDA

View Full Version : Things are looking Ducky

Dave Fuller
08-14-2009, 10:15 AM
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has released a report on “Trends in Duck Breeding Populations, 1955-2009.” According to the report, “the total duck population,” excluding scoters, eiders, long-tailed ducks, mergansers, and wood ducks, shows an estimated “13% increase over last year’s estimate of 37.3± 0.6 million birds and was 25% above the long-term average.”

The report can be found here: http://www.fws.gov/migratorybirds/NewReportsPublications/PopulationStatus/Trends/Trend%20Report%202009.pdf

The photo of the chap below was taken outside a Starbucks! He looks like he's been dry-cleaned and fully prepped for hunting season... Including the nice little leg band that I was eying with bad intent.

Dave Suponski
08-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Dave.... He looks good..but I see he isn,t wearing his flak jacket yet :rolleyes:

Destry L. Hoffard
08-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Banded birds are where you find them, even in town at a coffee shop apparently.

I recently read an interview with the famous "Duck Commander" Phil Robertson and apparently even he drinks Starbucks.

When they've got banded mallards in the parking lot, and the greatest duck caller that ever lived drinking their coffee, I'd say the liberals don't have a prayer.

Destry

Don Kaas
08-31-2009, 12:58 PM
I thought you were the greatest duck caller who ever lived?

Destry L. Hoffard
08-31-2009, 01:56 PM
I learned everything I know from Tom Horn, he's the second greatest after Phil. Tom's two sons would be #3 and #4, I'd say I'm a distant 5th on my best day.

According to that quick shooting Frenchman in Quebec, I can't "work the magic" like Gladu can so maybe I'm really #6.

Destry