PDA

View Full Version : New 10 gauge shooter here

Cal Lego
02-12-2011, 11:18 AM
I am keeping my eyes out for a Parker one of these days but at present, have a 1901 Winchester 10 gauge. I was looking for some 2-7/8" loads for it when i came across this group of Parker shooters. My experience with a Parker shotgun is from long ago when a friend of mine loaded up some shells with black powder and we took his Grandpa's Parker 12 gauge up to the local trap range. We got some attention and most people stayed away due to us shooting damascus barrels. This was back in 1966. You could pick up used Parker's with damascus barrels back then dirt cheap.

I am planning to retire in a couple years and move to Idaho to be closer to family. There will be a Parker in my future.

The Muzzle loader I am shooting in my avatar is an Allen style and fits me fine. Love shooting it.

Glad to have found this group!

Dave Suponski
02-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Cal, Welcome and glad to have you...:)

Harry Collins
02-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Cal,

Welcome aboard. There a many here that shoot 2 7/8" 10 gauge shells. www.rstshells.com makes a wonderful shell. We also reload by cutting down 3 1/2" shells. If you reload let us know and we will share data etc.

Harry

calvin humburg
02-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Hello Cal,

Would that be a Allen conversion on a Springfield? best ch humm you say muzzel loarder it would'nt be a conversion then tell me about it. thinking while typing, but there again it may no longer be a front loader.

George Lander
02-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Hello Cal: Welcome to the Parker Forum. You will find many like minded Parker People here who are only too willing to share the vast amount of knowledge they posess. Keep looking and although the Damascus, Twist, Laminated & Bernard steel barrel guns have risen substantially in price over the last forty odd years, there are still some bargains to be had out there if you look closely. An old Parker in good condition is a lovely sight to behold and being able to access it's history through the research letter program that this site provides only adds to the charm. IMHO

Best Regards, George