PDA

View Full Version : reloading a pinfire shotshell

Milton Starr
02-11-2011, 02:47 AM
just something i ran across looking for old sxs's i bet alot of yall done seen it but if not here you go

http://hlebooks.com/pinfire/cal16-01.htm

to me even though the pinfire looks dangerous if let with some one who is :whistle: . but it looks neat id love to have a new made sxs 8 ga pinfire lol that be the day .

Milton Starr
02-11-2011, 02:53 AM
aslo when i seen the tooth picks i thought that was neat but what is the purpose ? why not just seal the overshot wad in there ? perhaps more pressure than tooth picks ?

charlie cleveland
02-11-2011, 06:10 PM
milt that pinfire stuff is new to me but i like what you posted...i have a few pinfire paper hull shells they look like they would be tough to reload... wonder if they made 4 ga pinfire ive seen the 8 ga pinfire gun somebody posted.... charlie

Harry Collins
02-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Neat stuff. Before Hammer Doubles came out with their pin fire hulls Ross Siefried had turned some out to shoot in his guns. Sure is fun to get these old guns back in service.

Paul Harm
03-10-2011, 02:17 PM
I think the guy is a little nutty. First, you put a over shot card on the powder, then the filler wad. He's not useing a OS or nitro card. it's a hard paper .125 card. Second, you're looseing that piece of brass holding the percussion cap every time you reload. There's got to be a better way. Maybe I didn't understand what they were saying but $38 is a ton of money for one shell.

Mark Landskov
03-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Yes, they are kinda spendy! Eventually, I will acquire their kit for my 12mm pinfire revolver. All their products look top-notch, and I have been unable to find another source for pinfire cartridges. Cheers!