PDA

View Full Version : Alcan 8 gauge .135 Nitro Cards

Pete Lester
02-10-2011, 03:47 PM
If you are looking for some there was a full or nearly full box of 1000 of them at the Kittery Trading Post today for $5.

charlie cleveland
02-10-2011, 07:29 PM
if i lived close them would be mine...thats cheap enough aint many things you can buy for 5.00 anymore....you just dont see 8 ga stuff....charlie

charlie cleveland
02-10-2011, 07:58 PM
pete the box is worth more than that would make a fine display item....charlie

Robert Rambler
02-10-2011, 08:44 PM
If you NEED 8ga wads or cards Circle Fly has em.

http://www.circlefly.com/html/products.html

charlie cleveland
02-11-2011, 01:53 AM
thanks for the infofellas...itmust have been awhile since alcan made any 8 ga wads... charlie

Destry L. Hoffard
02-11-2011, 12:50 PM
I think it's been awhile since Alcan made anything.

Dad used to get up an order for everybody in the family before hunting season and drive to Alton picking up from the factory to get a better price. I've still got a few boxes that folks in the family had laying around.

There's a box of Alcan factory loaded magnum 10 gauge on Gunbroker, he's had them listed several times. At $100 I think I'll pass but they sure are nice.

Destry

charlie cleveland
02-11-2011, 06:05 PM
alton and other makers of gun stuff would have been my kinda folks if they were still around wonder what happened to alton company....kinda wish i had been born a little earlier where i could have seen the double gun and her fellow companys in there heydays...would liked to have ordered a keg of deadshot powder and all the other wonderful things of an era gone by...

charlie cleveland
02-12-2011, 02:57 PM
dont know why but that box of alton 8 ga wads keep poping up in my mind..wish somebody go buy them things were i could think about something else...thats gotta be a pretty old box.... charlie

Bill Murphy
02-12-2011, 09:17 PM
I picked up some of those babies, I think they came with a gun I bought a while back. I would rather use the plastic wads but the .135 can be used as over shot wads I guess. I wonder who Alcan sold them to?

Pete Lester
02-13-2011, 05:36 AM
dont know why but that box of alton 8 ga wads keep poping up in my mind..wish somebody go buy them things were i could think about something else...thats gotta be a pretty old box.... charlie

Charlie the cards were fine but the box was in tough shape, missing a top flap, tattered and a little bit moldy. I thought 8ga reloading components were fairly scarce and somebody might have wanted them to use.

Bill Murphy
02-13-2011, 10:08 PM
I use as many as I can, but the plastic Remington eight gauge wads make the card and filler wads a bit useless except as over shot wads.

charlie cleveland
02-13-2011, 11:47 PM
i agree with you bill...i cut the card wads in 3 pieces goes a lot futher that way...i have used them over the shot whole i never could tell the diferance if i had blown patterns....but i still think somebody ought to buy those old alcan wads even if the box is pretty bad....bill do you ever use the italian wads.. they do not inclose much lead but they seal off pretty good....one thing if you have a tight choke gun and you use the plastic sp8 remington wad you might want to cut the shot containg part of the wad into 4 petals were the wind will catch it quicker and let the shot spread out....if you do not cut petals it will usally shoot much to tite of a pattern.... charlie