PDA

View Full Version : Inherited a Parker

BradleyPeterson
08-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Inherited a Parker,
I think it is a 16g, It's a hamer the SN indicates 1881, O2 thief unkle smashed the stock off in a fit of rage BUT I wanna rebuild her. I will Post Pics L8r . I am looking for advice on what to do and not do to try and salvage some value. My ultimate goal is to pass it down to my Son in not only hanging on the wall order but functional as well. ANY advice is greatly appriciated.
Thanks
Pete

Don Kaas
08-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Post the serial number and some one will look it up in the book for you.

Dean Romig
08-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Pete, maybe you could post some pictures here of your Parker if you have a digital camera. We can help you in posting pictures if you need it.

BradleyPeterson
08-11-2009, 02:40 PM
21xxx or 23xxx it was late last night when I finally found it only took me 3 hrs:banghead:. BUT not 20xxx or 24xxx I will post up tonight after work. Pics and the fersher SN. plus the symbols under the breech. They look like two crossed basket foils pointing down to the stock, with an Iron cross over the top of the handles. The sides are adorned with a bird being shot down. Need to clean it up to see totally. Shes got some oxidation but so far no cancer. As I start taking her apart I will see... And she's not demascus.

Dave Miles
08-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Doesn't sound like a Parker Bros. gun to me.

BradleyPeterson
08-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Would it say The Parker by the Hammers and on the rib if it was not???:confused:

BradleyPeterson
08-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Maybe someone carved that in there trying to disguise an Ithaca:rotf: so maybe not... I really don't know that is why I came here...

BradleyPeterson
08-11-2009, 04:08 PM
I will post up some pics this eve. the "locking key" not the release lever but the actual piece that locks the Bbls into the firing pin (plates?) is like a hand forged oval not the T blocks like I have seen on other pics here. But without cleaning the side plates by the hammers have written THO s Parker and the rib says same THO s Parker plus stuff I forgot since last night.

Bruce Day
08-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Like the gun states, you have a THOs ( Thomas) Parker gun, not a Parker Bros, Remington Parker or Parker Reproduction gun. Good luck with your restoration.

BradleyPeterson
08-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Ahhh OK cool. Back to the drawing board I guess LOL Thanks all. Thought it may have said "The Parker", maybe the letters were scratched or something. Don't know much about Shotguns other than MIL Specs.
Pete

BradleyPeterson
08-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Ja Bummer.... it may even be the cheaper knock off of a T Parker Made in Belgium. still haven't found a solid answer on the proof marks. Oh well LOL better luck next time. Thanks again for the replies that pointed me to my BUMMER discovery, maybe when I redo the stock it will look pretty on the mantle.