PDA

View Full Version : reloading

charlie cleveland
02-07-2011, 11:57 AM
is a lot of fun and nothing is more exciting than to reload your favorite pet load and taking game with it...espically if used in a old double barrel...if youve never reloaded your missing a lot of fun...if your thinking about starting to reload well today would be a good day to start... heres hoping you get that big spring turkey with your favorite load.... charlie

E Robert Fabian
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
I agree Charlie, I've been reloading for over 30 yrs. Like reloading those tens as you can't find them to buy in many places.
It's always funny to see people look at you funny when shooting clay targets with one of these ten pound guns.
Was shooting with a nah sayer this Sunday.... doesn't like Damascus barreled guns... well I think he is being swayed over to the dark side as he asked to shoot my 1896 top lever hammer gun and commented that he mite like to use it Woodcock hunting.

charlie cleveland
02-07-2011, 05:50 PM
i agree i believe a lot more people would shoot the old wall hanging guns if they under stood a little about them...everytime im looking at a old wire twist ordamascus gun some body says look good over a fire place...most my wall hangers are being fired some time during the week andthere still to gether...my dads old lefever 10 ga never knew what a lite load was till it was passed down to me...as you said you cant go out and buy a box of 10 ga low power at wall mark so you must go to rst or others to buy your shells..these are fine shells some of the best endorsed by a lot of people here on the parker forem including my self....but it can get expensive if your shooting a lot...but you can reload your self fairly cheap...it does not take a lot of facy or costly equipment to load these old 10 ga...and you can shoot them about as cheap as a 12 ga if you keep your load of lead down around 1 1/4 oz or less...i truly enjoy loading shells andshooting them... charlie