PDA

View Full Version : Off topic Browning A-5

Chris Travinski
08-10-2009, 09:07 PM
I know it's not Parker related, but does anyone know how to get the magazine tube off of an auto 5? I'm assuming it is threaded into the reciever? Thanks, Chris

Destry L. Hoffard
08-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Shame our man Jeff Milliken has disappeared from the internet world. He'd be able to give you point to point instructions on how it's done.

DLH

C Roger Giles
08-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Speaking of the lack of Jeff Milliken on thr BBS, just where the dickens is John Hickerson of late? Come on guys there are those of us who need your input plus a good cock and bull story.

Roger Coger

Dean Romig
08-10-2009, 10:50 PM
And our friend Tom Flannigan. Sure miss him too. Jeff told me Tom is laying low for a while due to very personal reasons. In case Jeff, Tom and Hick read this - we miss you guys and would like to hear from you all. Hoping all is well with them and wishing they'll be back soon.

Will Gurton
08-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Chris,

Taking for granted that you don't have a pre-1909 like Squire Hoffard de Gray Ripon has, you will have to take off the magazine lock on the left side of the receiver. The screw that holds the bracket in place also serves as a retainter for the magazine tube.

Make sure to get your depth and alignment correct when you reassemble.

Good Luck,

Will Gurton

Chris Travinski
08-11-2009, 07:10 AM
I looked at that, are you talking about the little flip lever that turns it from semi auto to a one at a timer?

Will Gurton
08-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Chris,

That is what I am talking about,sorry for the confusion.

Now, we better crawl back into our caves before we get "Caned".:rotf:

Will

Destry L. Hoffard
08-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Gurton!!! I'm stunned to see you actually post here on our BBS. I won't tell the boys about all those Cocktail Waitress Shotguns you tote around. *wink*

I hear you and Mr. Caldwell might be joining us for the opening day dove hunt down at home. Hopefully you're able to make it.

Destry

Will Gurton
08-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Destry,

I hate to tell you what I found this weekend while at the Grand.

First I carried your "Gift" by Wenig's to see if they could fit it for me and inlet the finger grooves, ofcourse they could but with all the pressing business it would be for another day as well as a pretty nice set-up charge. So just out of habit I looked around in the building and imagine my suprise when I found one already fitted, finished, and checkered. Can't imagine finding a Parker ;) Model 11 High Grade forearm can you?

So on the way back we stop by Dunn's in Marion and I find 3 boxes of Winchester Super Pidgeons, Coppers! :shock:

The guys I am with are like, would you buy me a Lottery Ticket?:rotf:

I'll email you picture of the forearm.

Will

Destry L. Hoffard
08-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Gurton you're lucky as a possum in a persimmon patch and that's no lie. Needless to say, my envy on the Super Pigeons knows no bounds. And right in my old home stomping grounds too!!!! Dunn's never has NOS ammo on the shelves, I think when they get it in Dennis keeps it to shoot himself.

Destry