PDA

View Full Version : AH Fox Early A grade

bob weeman
02-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Is there information available on Fox guns like there is on Parkers? I just bought an interesting A grade with a straight grip. Serial number 12175 so it is a pretty early gun. Very unusual stock dimensions for the time DAC 1 1/4 and DAH 1 3/4. It also has an unusually wide but tapered rib. It only has 28 inch modified and full barrells so I would not guess a trap gun? It has been well used but not abused and appears to be original. The original owner had both this and a superfox. Maybe this was the first duck gun and then he bought a super? I would love to find any information I can.

Dave Suponski
02-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Bob, In answer to your question. Yes there is. Go to the A H Fox Gun Collectors Assoc. website. There are records on Fox graded guns. You will need to join to access the records. I think the annual membership is $30.00 and it's well worth it. They are a great bunch of very knowledgeable guy's. A lot of the Fox guy's are members of the PGCA also and vise versa. I am a member of their group also.

Bill Murphy
02-01-2011, 06:14 PM
I hope you also bought the Super Fox. You may be able to get provenance on both. Tell us about it. It may be very interesting.