PDA

View Full Version : ParkersA1

Jerry Osborn
08-08-2009, 11:45 PM
A friend bought a percussion cap double with "ParkersA1" engraved on each side and the words "fine twist" engraved between the barrels about 8 inches above the hammers. He said there are no other markings on it. He doesn't know if it is a shotgun or double rifle. Any information on this one would be appreciated.

Jerry Osborn

Richard Flanders
08-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Can you post some pictures of it for us?

Don Kaas
08-09-2009, 08:42 AM
If it's a muzzleloader percussion shotgun, it is almost certainly not a Parker Bros., Meriden, Conn. product. It sounds like a Belgian made gun trading off the Parker name. While it is most likely as shotgun rather than a rifle, tell your friend to look at (not down) the muzzles of the gun. If they are rifled...it's a rifle...if they are smooth...it's a shotgun...

Jerry Osborn
08-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Can you post some pictures of it for us?
I'll call and ask himto send me some pictures. It'll take a while, he doesn't use a computer!

Jerry Osborn
08-09-2009, 08:54 PM
If it's a muzzleloader percussion shotgun, it is almost certainly not a Parker Bros., Meriden, Conn. product. It sounds like a Belgian made gun trading off the Parker name. While it is most likely as shotgun rather than a rifle, tell your friend to look at (not down) the muzzles of the gun. If they are rifled...it's a rifle...if they are smooth...it's a shotgun...
I will ask him to look at the bore.

Jerry Osborn
08-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Finally have a couple of pictures of the ParkersA from KY!

Jerry Osborn
11-11-2009, 09:37 PM
I believe back in August I failed to say thank you for the input,,, Thank You!
Jerry Osborn

Dean Romig
11-11-2009, 09:53 PM
As Don Kaas suggests, it is a Belgian gun trading off of the fine Parker Bros. name. I hope he didn't pay a lot for it - it appears to be in rough shape despite the 'dressing-up' it has received.

Francis Morin
11-12-2009, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=Dean Romig;7023]As Don Kaas suggests, it is a Belgian gun trading off of the fine Parker Bros. name. I hope he didn't pay a lot for it - it appears to be in rough shape despite the 'dressing-up' it has received. Looks a bit like a wall hanger we had up at the old hunting/fishing/poker derby cabin in MI- This firearm, as shown from the fotos, looks to have a rather severe crack in the wrist/grip area. I might suggest the gentleman who owns this piece read Sherman bell's fine article on such firearms in the Fall Issue of the DGJ page 108 etc.:cheers: