PDA

View Full Version : Thought this pic was interesting.....

Bruce Hering
08-23-2021, 12:56 AM
This was taken a number of years ago with "regular film" and is a digi pic of that pic.

This is "Bill", setter male, 1 1/2 years old, early season training run at my place. Bill was out of I'm Oscar and a female out of the Smith line also. He was a hell of a dog.

Please look closely at the lower left hand corner of the pic. There is a brood of quail dusting. He had the wind at his butt and went about 6-8 yards past them and stuck this point. I really like this pic. I will never forget him....

https://i.imgur.com/nbiTbR5.jpg

Brett Hoop
08-23-2021, 02:12 AM
Cool picture.

Garry L Gordon
08-23-2021, 09:49 PM
Bruce, that's a wonderful picture of an extraordinary event. You are lucky to have it. Bird dogs rule!

Bruce Hering
08-24-2021, 12:58 AM
Thanks guys. He was a hell of a dog. Could hunt him off horseback and then get down and hunt him on foot. He adapted his range to what you were doing. I wish I could have gotten him on grouse. He was a cautious dog around birds... this pic shows that I think.

Ed Norman
08-26-2021, 09:47 PM
what a picture, I think I would blow that one up and frame it.

Bruce Hering
08-27-2021, 12:55 AM
what a picture, I think I would blow that one up and frame it.

The pic I posted is a digi pic of the framed blow up old real film pic. If we did any more the pic would lose clarity. That being said it hangs here, framed, in my office and I can look at it any time.

Robert Brooks
08-27-2021, 03:17 PM
Great picture! I once saw a covey bunched up back to back in a circle on the roost and when they flushed liked to have knocked the gun out of my hands and of course did not get any of them! Bobby

Garry L Gordon
08-27-2021, 03:26 PM
On a couple of occasions -- generally in cold snowy conditions -- I've walked in on a point and saw birds still on their roost, even into the morning and early afternoon. Almost always a bird or two was sitting on top of another covey mate. Like Bobby, I almost always muffed the shot...like spotting woodcock or grouse in front of a point...I almost always miss. :banghead:

Bruce, did you shoot well over that point pictured above?

Bruce Hering
08-28-2021, 12:33 AM
On a couple of occasions -- generally in cold snowy conditions -- I've walked in on a point and saw birds still on their roost, even into the morning and early afternoon. Almost always a bird or two was sitting on top of another covey mate. Like Bobby, I almost always muffed the shot...like spotting woodcock or grouse in front of a point...I almost always miss. :banghead:

Bruce, did you shoot well over that point pictured above?

Gary: No, it was before season opened so I was just working the dog. Did flush the little buggers and fired the blank pistol though. Bill was broke steady to wing and shot. Put the lead on him and led him off a good bit and on we went.