PDA

View Full Version : Hausman's Northeast SXS Classic

Dean Romig
01-21-2011, 07:22 PM
As one option for lodging when you are attending Hausman's Hidden Hollow Sporting Clays' Great Northeast SXS Classic on June 3,4,5 of 2011 you may want to consider the Quality Inn & Suites, 4105 Vestal Pkwy East in Vestal NY. Thelphone 607-729-6371 for reservations.

I have made reservations with Kathleen Mauro, Director of Sales at Quality Inn for these dates and she informed me that they have a good number of vacancies available for the reduced rate of $84.95 per day.

I did not block off any rooms for the PGCA attendees but if you call to make reservations please tell the person you speak with that you will be attending the Hausman's Hidden Hollow event and tell them you are a member of the Parker Gun Collectors Association in order to obtain the reduced rate she allowed me to post here.

Here is their web page: http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-vestal-new_york-NY413?promo=gglocal

Rich Anderson
01-21-2011, 08:36 PM
The calander is begining to fill with shoots. The Southern, Hausmanns (I wonder if the scores from last year are posted yet) Hidden Hollow and The Upper Pennisula shoot are all alloted their dates. It won't be long befor there here and then all to soon history. My first scheduled shoot is April 9 I believe.

Dean I will once again offer coaching at std Gentalman Jack rates more advanced instruction at Single Barrel rates :)

Larry Frey
01-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Dean I will once again offer coaching at std Gentalman Jack rates more advanced instruction at Single Barrel rates :)

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Dean Romig
01-22-2011, 07:53 AM
I have a few coaches and instructors and it always bothers me that I continue to fail them even after such effort on their part to train me properly...

Dave Suponski
01-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Maybe it has to do with your inability to be trained as Kathy has repeatedly told me..... :biglaugh:....:rolleyes:

Dean Romig
01-22-2011, 09:07 AM
I plead "selectivity" in that regard Dave... like 'selective' hearing. 'selective' remembering, 'selective' doing what I'm told... :whistle:

Robin Lewis
01-22-2011, 10:58 AM
What "Double Play" Larry said!

Rich Anderson
01-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Dean reminds me of a gun shy dog...you have invested so much time, effort, money, food (in Deans case liquor) all in hopes that someday the light will come on. He'll keep his head down and the gun moveing ALL at the same time:rolleyes:

Dean Romig
01-27-2011, 12:55 PM
TTT

Rich Anderson
01-27-2011, 07:34 PM
???

Dean Romig
01-27-2011, 09:56 PM
To The Top

Eric Eis
01-27-2011, 10:01 PM
To The Top

Dean you have to remember Rich is a little slow.....:rotf: Eric

Dave Suponski
01-27-2011, 10:18 PM
How Slow???

Dean Romig
01-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Oh, Okay... sorry.

Hey Rich............ Toooo............... Thuuuu............... Toooop

Robin Lewis
01-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Question, where are the PGCA Parker guys & gals and their amber liquid(s) lodging? What hotel should I be making reservations at?

Dean Romig
01-27-2011, 11:27 PM
Robin - first page of this thread - first post - first paragraph. We've stayed there for the last three years - it's decent.

Dean Romig
01-28-2011, 02:32 PM
As one option for lodging when you are attending Hausman's Hidden Hollow Sporting Clays' Great Northeast SXS Classic on June 3,4,5 of 2011 you may want to consider the Quality Inn & Suites, 4105 Vestal Pkwy East in Vestal NY. Thelphone 607-729-6371 for reservations.

I have made reservations with Kathleen Mauro, Director of Sales at Quality Inn for these dates and she informed me that they have a good number of vacancies available for the reduced rate of $84.95 per day.

I did not block off any rooms for the PGCA attendees but if you call to make reservations please tell the person you speak with that you will be attending the Hausman's Hidden Hollow event and tell them you are a member of the Parker Gun Collectors Association in order to obtain the reduced rate she allowed me to post here.

Here is their web page: http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-vestal-new_york-NY413?promo=gglocal

I just had communication with Kathleen Mauro at the Quality Inn & Suites and she agreed to block off ten additional rooms for PGCA Members with a guarantee of the $84.95 per day she had originally quoted me. She indicated that several people had reserved rooms as a result of this post and wants to be sure that nobody is disappointed so identify yourselves as PGCA Members when making your reservations.

Rich Anderson
01-28-2011, 03:29 PM
To the top of what?? Youve been out in the snow toooo looong:rotf:

Dave Suponski
01-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Oh My God.....Rich you and I need to talk......:biglaugh:

Eric Eis
01-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Dave I told you....:rotf::rotf:

Mark Ouellette
05-05-2011, 08:11 AM
I made my reservations at the Quality Inn so I'm in!

Who else is going?

Rich Anderson
05-05-2011, 08:23 AM
I'll need to load/buy some spreaders for the new 28:)

Dean Romig
05-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Rich, just cut the barrels back an inch or two...

I think most of the usual 'New England Contingent' will be there; Larry, Deb, Dave, Danny, Scott, Pete, Bob, Robin, Bill?, hopefully John and Jen, Kathy and me

Rich Anderson
05-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Cut the barells???:shock: I'll chalk that tidbit of advise up to your demitia:rotf:. The new 28 is M/F a bit tight for that course.

Hopefully you'll make it??? More demitia I suppose. Just an FYI the special amber liquid from Lynchburg WILL be consumed at Hausmanns with or without you, I can't hold Larry back any longer:rolleyes:

Dean Romig
05-05-2011, 11:48 AM
I'll be there Rich and if you start without me I'll post that picture on the forum.... :whistle:

Rich Anderson
05-05-2011, 12:36 PM
We will see...but once the ice hits the glass i wait for no one. i'm not afraid of that picture either:p

Mike Kobos
05-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Does this shoot have a "formal" schedule? The only thing on Hidden Hollow's web site shows a shoot on Sunday, yet it starts on Friday. Any feedback on what plans the PGCA has or from prior years would be greatly appreciated. Need to decide how many days to attend.

Larry Frey
05-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Mike,
Like they do at the Southern there is a competition for each of the various gages and I believe a team event by manufacturer for bragging rights. Also the Fox group has a set up that anyone can shoot but you need to shoot a fox to qualify for the trophy. There may be some other stuff going on as well but that’s all I can think of right now. We usually arrive Friday before noon and plan to leave Sunday afternoon. I look forward to seeing many of our PGCA members there.:bigbye:

Pete Lester
05-26-2011, 10:26 AM
The competition/trophy in each gauge is on the Friday and Saturday event of 50 targets. The main event on Sunday is wide open, no gauge trophy or bragging rights. Manufacturer team event is top 5 scores by each shooter using a Parker, Fox, Winchester etc. in the main event on Sunday only. The long range 10 target game is the Bo-Whoop event. All makes can compete only fox shooters can claim the Bo-Whoop trophy. Other side events include a single barrel trap, something called a Mad Jack and multi man flurry of incoming targets. The flurry looks fun, hope to try it this year, it was neat to see a four man team shoot it with black powder last year.

Frank Srebro
05-26-2011, 02:58 PM
To add to the previous post.... I haven't seen a Fox Association writeup on the 2011 Bo Whoop event, but all makes could compete last year for the purse/payouts, and the top Fox gun was awarded the trophy. I presume (but don't know for sure) the setup will be the same for this year. Also FYI, there's some discussion on the Fox website about doing a small friendly competition this year with vintage SBT guns.

Rich Anderson
05-26-2011, 07:51 PM
In addition to the trophy for each guage RST provides the winner a case of shells, or so it was last year. I lucked out and took home the 28ga event this year I'm stepping up to a 20ga.

Daryl Corona
05-29-2011, 07:33 AM
Congratulations Rich. I was fortunate enough to take the 12ga. trophy with my Gr2,32"F/F hammergun and also received a flat of shells. I'd like to thank Morris, Alex and Jill for their support and awarding of shells to the winners. I'm interested, as a former poster had suggested, in what gun/load the winners of such events used to take their trophy. We should recognize our members for their accomplishments using a Parker in major competitions. So what were you shooting and what was your score?

Rich Anderson
05-30-2011, 07:50 AM
I was shooting my VHE 28 skeet. Ammo was reloaded using AA and Rem STS hulls with #8 shot. I can't recall the exact score but it was in the 40's. A great day behind a nice Parker.

Dave Suponski
05-30-2011, 08:24 AM
COB, If I remember right you shot a 44. You done good.....:bowdown:

Rich Anderson
05-30-2011, 08:30 AM
Thanks Dave. I still have most of the flat of shells, just can't bring myself to shoot new RST ammo at targets. Took the BH 28 out last week for some 5 stand and used my regular eyeglasses not the shooting glasses and did better. I'll have my brand new shootin specs with the RX in them for Hausmans. Well see if they help:whistle:

Bill Murphy
06-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Not much activity on the events forum. Let's see who is a talker and who is a doer when we get to the Northeast. The doers will be there. The PGCA presence has increased in the past couple of years and should be better this year. Linda and I will be there as always and will look for new PGCA participants. This is more of a shooting weekend than a check writing weekend, but we can do both. Give it a shot. It is a wonderful venue, in a beautiful area of the country, and the promotors give it all they have.

Pete Lester
06-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Bill, there is not much activity about Hausman's this year on the Fox Collectors site or the Doublegun BBS. Perhaps it's a reflection of the long recession? It always seemed like a Fox collector event which is fine, perhaps something is going on or not going on with their collectors group. You are right, it is beautiful country, and I have always had a good time. Please bring that 3 frame 16ga I really would enjoy seeing and handling it.

Pete Lester
06-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Hard to believe, northeast PA, June 3rd and there is a Frost Warning for the area, must be the result of global warming :rolleyes:

NYZ009-018-022>025-036-037-044>046-055>057-062-PAZ038>040-031200-
/O.NEW.KBGM.FR.Y.0002.110603T0900Z-110603T1200Z/
NORTHERN ONEIDA-ONONDAGA-STEUBEN-SCHUYLER-CHEMUNG-TOMPKINS-
MADISON-SOUTHERN ONEIDA-CORTLAND-CHENANGO-OTSEGO-TIOGA-BROOME-
DELAWARE-SULLIVAN-BRADFORD-SUSQUEHANNA-NORTHERN WAYNE-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BOONVILLE...SYRACUSE...CORNING...
HORNELL...WATKINS GLEN...ELMIRA...ITHACA...ONEIDA...UTICA...
ROME...CORTLAND...NORWICH...ONEONTA...COOPERSTOWN. ..OWEGO...
BINGHAMTON...WALTON...DELHI...MONTICELLO...TOWANDA ...SAYRE...
MONTROSE
254 PM EDT THU JUN 2 2011

...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 8 AM EDT FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BINGHAMTON HAS ISSUED A FROST
ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 8 AM EDT FRIDAY.

* LOCATIONS...DEEPER VALLEYS AND RURAL AREAS PROTECTED FROM THE
WIND.

* HAZARDS...PATCHY FROST

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOW TO MID 30S.

* TIMING...LATE TONIGHT AND VERY EARLY FRIDAY.

* IMPACTS...FROST DAMAGE IS POSSIBLE FOR TENDER PLANTS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A FROST ADVISORY MEANS THAT FROST IS POSSIBLE. SENSITIVE OUTDOOR
PLANTS MAY BE KILLED IF LEFT UNCOVERED.

John Truitt
06-02-2011, 09:09 PM
thats about right. I remember in high school I was on a traveling baseball team and in June we went to Butler, Pa. Back home in Va Beach it was already 90 degrees so up I went with short sleeves and shorts only.

I froze my tail off that whole week.

Hope everyone has a great time and I cant wait to see pictures.

John

Dean Romig
06-02-2011, 09:26 PM
I'll be bringing a few twenty-eights to shoot... along with various twelves and a sixteen or two. I'm really looking forward to visiting with good friends for a few days, especially after missing getting to the Southern this year. Kathy and I will be on the road before sun-up so we'll see you all real soon.

Wishing everybody a safe trip.

Rich Anderson
06-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Bill I wish you had told me earlier (like befor I got there) that this was a shooting weekend NOT a check writing one. I missunderstood, wrote a couple of checks and did manage some shooting:whistle:

Another great time at Hausmanns and only two weeks befor its time to do it again for the U.P. shoot:bigbye:

Bill Murphy
06-08-2011, 08:56 AM
I wrote one check in three days, had that one written within five minutes of entering the vendor tents on Friday. For the rest of the weekend, I maintained control.

Eric Eis
06-08-2011, 09:40 AM
I wrote one check in three days, had that one written within five minutes of entering the vendor tents on Friday. For the rest of the weekend, I maintained control.

Well C.O.B certainly didn't maintain control :rotf: And then the SOB sucked me in late Sunday (I was being good didn't even think about pulling out the checkbook) but no...Rich has to come along and the next thing I know I am going home with an English gun, How did that happen....:shock:

Mark Ouellette
06-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Must have been too much cash in your pocket! Sorry about that...

Eric Eis
06-08-2011, 11:27 AM
That helped but not enough.......:eek:

Dean Romig
06-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Is this one of the guns that followed either of you two home??

Eric Eis
06-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Yeap...:) I think that's C.O.B's gun.... Mine was on the other side.

Rich Anderson
06-09-2011, 08:15 AM
It hasn't made it to Michigan yet as it needs a little trigger work. The Grouse will fall from the sky like rain when I enter the coverts with this jem of English craftmanship....Hell who am I kidding it will blow the leaves off the trees and shed bark just like the rest of them...but I will look good doing it:rotf:

Dean Romig
06-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Ahah!!.... So, that's the one you shot once, three times, at station one...

It is a pretty little thing.

Rich Anderson
06-10-2011, 08:00 AM
To own a Holland & Holland has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. To finally be able to get one and in a small bore is iceing on the cake. Unfortunatly a couple of very nice Parkers had to leave the nest:crying:

Bill Murphy
06-10-2011, 08:51 AM
What exactly is the new little gun?

Eric Eis
06-10-2011, 11:51 AM
What exactly is the new little gun?

It's a cased Holland and Holland with wood to die for 20 ga single trigger I fell in love with it but Rich already had his hands on it :crying: so I ended up with a little 16 ga W. Powell that just fit me (man I hate that.....!) I almost made it home without buying anything and then that gun comes along and Steve says take it with you and send me a check when you can (That's just plain not fair...!) So now Rich and I both have an English gun :)

Dean Romig
06-10-2011, 12:07 PM
I guess we've lost you both now....

Eric Eis
06-10-2011, 12:28 PM
I guess we've lost you both now....

Guess you could say we went over to the "Dark Side" :shock:

Rich Anderson
06-10-2011, 12:44 PM
I only have two English guns so the Parkers are still first and formost in the safe. That trigger needs to get fixed befor the Holland & Holland takes up residence.

Larry Frey
06-10-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm willing to bet that most, if not all that are reading this post own a shotgun or two other than our beloved Parkers.

Heck, I even have a couple with the barrels turned the wrong way.:eek:

Dave Suponski
06-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Got that right Larry. But my gun with the barrels going the wrong way is for sale as I just don't shoot it much.

Rich Anderson
06-10-2011, 07:42 PM
I have one shotgun that the barrels go the wrong way and two that are missing a barrel as there is only one. The Parkers rule...and always will.

Dave Miles
06-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Is this one of the guns that followed either of you two home??

Just look at the Gleam in Richard's eyes. It's like he's in Lust. :)

Rich Anderson
06-10-2011, 07:48 PM
When you get to fondel it at Grouse Camp I'll be sure to bring you a bib so you don't drool all over it:rotf: She's a beauty that's for sure.

Dean Romig
06-10-2011, 10:48 PM
The wood is truly a wonderful "marble-cake" of black mineral lines in a rich butterscotch walnut. Git that danged trigger fixed!!