PDA

View Full Version : Scarlet’s Bring the Ruckus!

Rick Riddell
05-08-2021, 08:33 PM
This is Bullet our latest family member! 7 months 50lbs and all business!
This guy is going to be fun!!!

Dean Romig
05-08-2021, 09:48 PM
What’s his breed Rick?

Rick Riddell
05-09-2021, 07:04 AM
Pointer

Garry L Gordon
05-09-2021, 07:10 AM
Good to see a pointer working in the East. I live in pointer country, but even now, the short-tail breeds are becoming more prevalent. There's nothing more classic than a pointer with good style on point.

Rick Riddell
05-09-2021, 07:26 AM
The short tails are very popular up here, but once I break out my secret weapon there is a lot of silence about the ability of Pointers. Bullet is our new edition, he’s got quite a bit of work to do before we get him in the covers. He is our first rescue that can be papered, I’m really thinking about running him in a few amateur trials once we get him registered. This is my main squeeze Confetti Maker, she has totally blown away people in the field. She is absolutely amazing and my secret weapon!

Kevin McCormack
05-10-2021, 07:49 PM
I never owned a pointer but came close one time. A friend of mine I grouse hunted with had a nice male Drathaar; a quiet and obedient dog that was a pleasure to be with and hunt over. One of his friends was having "a hell of a time" trying to "break" a sweet little 2-yr. old English pointer bitch, exactly to do what I never found out I was dogless at the time and getting into upland bird hunting big time. I hoped and hoped that the owner would get so frustrated with the dog that he would give her up for adoption, but it never happened. He was quite forceful, bordering on brutal, in his training disciplines, yelling and hollering at the dog and striking her frequently when she missed her "qeues", as he put it. I always felt for the little dog but never found out what became of her, since they (thankfully) only hunted with us infrequently. Her name was Dixie; 'Confetti Maker' reminds me mightily of her.

Rick Riddell
06-02-2021, 10:33 PM
Interesting, we just got a foster named Dixie, she is out of Miller’s Happy Jack. She is Bullets mom, she’s the one in the middle!