PDA

View Full Version : hot glue

charlie cleveland
01-17-2011, 08:59 PM
i have a question...when hot glueingyour reloads how much glue do you use...ive beenusing 4 small dots on the over shot wad..the shells perform fine...would it be alright to seal the end of overshot card thus making a water proof load...or could this increace the preassure to much... charlie

Frank Cronin
01-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Charlie, I glue around the entire circumference of the over shot card to the hull. This way when I have my shot shells loose in the bag shaking around walking etc. that I do not loose the lead shot.

As for pressure, my guess it would be very minimal.

So how's the round ball project going?

Frank

charlie cleveland
01-18-2011, 06:42 AM
ive been so busy hunting that ivebeen slack on this project... hope tobe able to start this week....i will start gluing mine all over also dont want a pocket full of shot either... i loaded some 10 and 8 ga up last night just cant resist the urge to shoot pop cans once in a while ... charlie

charlie cleveland
01-19-2011, 01:27 PM
tried gluing the top wad soid and have shot several rounds..have not had aoff report yet...this does a lot better than thesiicone i previously had been using...the silicone works pretty good but i would get a squib once in a while...i believe that hot glue is next to crimping....i use plastic hulls mostly in my 8 and 10 ga loadings...by not crimping i get more loads out of the hulls...so thanks for the tip on glueing the top wads solid... charlie

scott kittredge
01-19-2011, 07:10 PM
hi, what powder are you useing? i found i have a few squib loads 2 to 3 out of a 100 in my 10 ga when useing IMR 4756 with star crimp and roll crimp, went to blue dot powder and shot about 150 rounds with out a squib. so that is what i load in my 1 1/4 to 1 3/8 ths lead and bismuth shot. scott

charlie cleveland
01-20-2011, 01:39 AM
i also use blue dot for my 8 10 12 16 and 20 in fact its become my favorite powder..its a little dirty but i found by useing a bottle brush with this long handle on it cleans her up with just one swipe...i think the reason i was getting the sqibs was that the silicone takes overnite to dry..that it lets thewading push up a little while drying..thus causing causing the squibs... i shot some this morning in the 10 ga...35 grains blue dot and a1 1/4 ounce of no 9 lead...could put a average of 6 pellets in a pop can at 50 steps.... this is a real good load...charlie