PDA

View Full Version : “Parker “ or “Parker Bros” Engraved on Bottom of Receiver

Robert Durham
05-02-2021, 07:37 PM
Were those engravings optional on any model, or specific to one or two? I think I’ve only seen it on DHE’s.

Dean Romig
05-02-2021, 07:56 PM
Robert, there are a few questions you should answer about the Parker in question in order to answer your question..,

If it was a Parker produced under Remington ownership nearly all guns from the Trojan on up were engraved with PARKER on the bottom of the frame. The ones that are gold inlaid as PARKER BROS were A1S guns and possibly a few AAH guns. This was standard for the grade. It was rarely ordered by special request.

Robert Durham
05-02-2021, 08:08 PM
Dean, I’ve seen it on both Remington guns and earlier Parkers.

Dean Romig
05-02-2021, 08:30 PM
Me too Robert, but do you remember if it was gold inlaid?

Do you remember the grade of the guns you have seen it on?

Was it PARKER BROS. or was it simply PARKER?

Robert Durham
05-02-2021, 09:26 PM
I’ve seen it both in gold and without. I’ve searched a lot of pictures and handled guns live, I believe other some some A1 upgrades, and original AAH’s, all the rest were DHE’s. I imagine the DHE’s with gold inlays were inlayed after the fact.

Dean Romig
05-02-2021, 09:46 PM
There may be a few DH's with the gold inlaid Parker name ordered that way but they would certainly have been specially ordered. And I agree with you that it is more likely said DH’s or DHE’s were done "after the fact."

Mike Koneski
05-13-2021, 05:04 PM
Robert, there are a few questions you should answer about the Parker in question in order to answer your question..,

If it was a Parker produced under Remington ownership nearly all guns from the Trojan on up were engraved with PARKER on the bottom of the frame. The ones that are gold inlaid as PARKER BROS were A1S guns and possibly a few AAH guns. This was standard for the grade. It was rarely ordered by special request.

Dean, if those guns were inlaid with gold from the factory they should also have been engraved "THE PARKER BROS" too. :rotf:

Dean Romig
05-13-2021, 05:43 PM
:banghead::knowbetter::dh: ... Here we go again.:rotf:

Mike Koneski
05-13-2021, 06:42 PM
Dean, I just had to!! It's all good.

TPS did say that there were very few guns with gold inlay. I think more upgrades have the inlay than factory made high grade Parker guns.