PDA

View Full Version : SBT Ejector Kicker

Iain Gough-Townsend
01-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Help.
I need to replace the "Ejector Kicker" of my SBT (ser.# 209498).
I live in Canada & the only possible sources I have found are either unwilling to talk to anyone outside the USA or do not have the piece.
My gun plumber (Purdey trained) says he can fit the part or as a last resort make it for about $800.
I would prefer not to spend that much.

Chuck Bishop
01-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Iain,

We need more info. What exactly is the "Ejector Kicker" ? Is the part the ejector that pulls the shell out of the chamber or is it the hammer located in the forend? Is this part broken or just not working? Pictures of the suspect part would help determine your repair.

Iain Gough-Townsend
01-17-2011, 07:36 PM
It is the piece in the fore end.

Chuck Bishop
01-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Have you called Lawrence Del Grego in Ilion NY? He's the expert on ejector problems and should have parts. I don't know what the restrictions of sending guns to the US for repair are. I would think Lawrence would need the entire gun to check for proper timing/function of the ejector mechanism.

Iain Gough-Townsend
01-17-2011, 10:12 PM
DelGrego was one of the people who wo't even speak to me & the hassles involved in transborder shipping of firearms is not something I want to get involved with.
I only need the piece, my gunsmith is confident that e can fit it.

Bill Murphy
01-18-2011, 07:50 AM
Mr. Del Grego would want to do the work, not sell the parts. That is and always has been their normal procedure. I asked Babe Del Grego how much it would cost to replace the removed ejector parts in my SC. It was quite pricey and I decided to leave it as is. It is really no big deal to remove the shells by hand if I am not shooting the gun in ATA competition. I would buy a forend if someone has an extra but I won't pay hundreds to have it fixed. "The piece in the forend" is not much of a description. There are lots of pieces. Which pieces are you missing? My forend, for example, has no pieces related to ejectors. I need everything. A single trap has both ejector hammers that a double gun has if I remember correctly, plus sears, springs, you name it. You might rethink trying to fix it.

Iain Gough-Townsend
01-18-2011, 11:17 AM
I do shoot it in ATA competition.
It won my class singles at the '07 Provincial C'ship.